My Followers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Double Take - Shabby vs Vintage

Morning all, thank you very much for taking time to leave me comments; they are wonderful and very encouraging. I have not figured out how to turn off the Word Verification in the comment setting. For some reason, I don't seem to have that setting option.

I am posting 2 tag cards from my February workshops today. Both cards use the same stamp image but have completely different look- one is shabby and the other is vintage. I used different color themes and designer paper to create the shabby and vintage look.



Using the same layout and design for the shabby card, I made another tag card with Magnolia image.

The cards measure 6-6 1/2" (H) x 4" (W). There is a pullout tag that you can add messages and can be used as a book mark. It is a great way to use your 6x6 designer paper; cut 6x4 for the card front and use the remnant for the tag/bookmark. I attached Tim Holtz small easel die cuts on the back of the cards so they don't need a separate support for display. The flowers were hand made and the images were stamped on glossy paper with Archival ink and distressed with water-based ink. Stamp is from Stampsmith and Magnolia; dies used are from Stampin'Up, Magnolia Doohickey, Tim Hotz, Memory Box and Spellbinder; embellishments are from my stash.

I am entering these cards in the following challenges:
Stampsmith's March challenge- Flip 'N Folds

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time,
Katie

4 comments:

Karen B said...

I love these cards complete with their little tags. How detailed and fresh. Thanks for sharing your talent with me and the rest of the group on card night. You have inspired all of us.
Karen

Debbie said...

Oh Katie! These are gorgeous tag cards! I love The Little Conductor Stampsmith stamp! Love all your elements. So glad to meet another Canadian using Stampsmith stamps! Thank you for joining us in The Stampsmith Challenge!

Debbie
^..^

Deb.x said...

Hi there - these tags are just adorable - I love the shabby style & that cute little babies bum is just to die for!
Thanks for entering the blue & white challenge over at Just Magnolia, Deb.x

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the two variations of the Little Conductor image. Love the blues and creams together. Thanks for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge!!