My Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Yellow Orange and Green

Evening all. Thank you all for your visit and lovely comments this week. In Vancouver, kids are having a 2-week break from school, so I am taking a few days off as well. The weather here has been a mix bag of everything recently, gusty wind, snow, hail, rain, and sun, you name it; perfect for card making I say :). When I looked out the window this morning, the cherry blossoms have started to open their buds! We live in a neighbourhood where there are many cherry trees (not the eating kind), each street has a different variety and shade of pink. In March- April every year, the blossoms are quite spectacular.

Today I am challenging myself to use colors that I don't normally use- yellow, orange, and green. By the time I finished the card, I really liked the color combination; it has a really refreshing feeling.




I used Copic markers to color the little darling from Magnolia. Dies used here are Magnolia Doohickey and Spellbinder dies. Ribbons, pearl sprays and the small flowers are from WOC; the larger rose is hand made by myself :). Card stock and designer paper are from SU. 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by and have a nice weekend. Until next time, 

Hugs Katie

6 comments:

Frances said...

What a cute card! Love your design, color combination and all the details on it. Thanks for playing along with us at 7 Kids Challenges this week! Hope you’ll join us again soon for some more challenge fun, Hugs,
Frances

Janny said...

What a beauty, lovely card thanks fir joining us at the TOMIC, good luck hugs Janny

Franz♥ said...

Cute work, so original!

Thanks for sharing this lovely creation with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight, hugs, Franz.

Angela said...

Oh this is just darling! Lovely design and color choices. Thanks for joining us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Rhea Weigand said...

Oh My...This is fantastic! Thanks For joining the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge
Rhea