My Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby Wall Hanging

Morning all. I had a busy week last week at work and home so didn't get much time to play with my stamps.

TOMIC has a great challenge this week, DooHickey's and Mini World. A Doo Hickey tag must be the base of your project but you are allowed to place it on a bigger base + Use any stamp from Magnolia mini world on it. I just bought these cute stamps lately and decided to make a baby wall hanging. I also started a pink baby wall hanging with mini Tilda baby but it is still in progress so I will post it later.





For this wall hanging, I used Magnolia DooHickey So Wrapped Heart folded tag and mini baby Edwin. I cut out 2 tags and trimmed off the folded tag part. I then glued the hearts together to make the 2 bases for the wall hanging. The moon is from the Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love collection. I stamped it on Magnolia DP and fussy cut out the image; then, I mounted the image on 2 layers of cardstock and trimmed to fit. I joined the 3 base pieces with some 6mm jump rings and decorated with ribbons, flowers and crystals. I also added polar white Flower Soft on the clouds where baby Edwin is sitting on. The finished dimension is 12" long x 3 1/2" wide.

Thanks very much for stopping by and have a great week.

Hugs,
Katie

I will be entering this project in the following challenges:

12 comments:

Manon said...

Wow!!! This is such beautiful!!!

inge said...

What a gorgeous wallhanger Katie. Thank you fot joining us at Simply Magnolia.

XX Inge

Nicola said...

Gorgeous creation Katie, love Baby Edwin and your creativity to produce such a beautiful wall hanging!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Katie,
This looks gorgeous. What a lovely idea. Love the images & wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design.
Hugs,
Andie xx

serena said...

Je trouve ta création magnifiques.
La lune donne un plus à la création.
Et, le bébé Edwin est trop mignon.
Serena

Lovely Linda said...

Aww this is way too adorable! I love your images and the Dies - perfect! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Katie this is totally gorgeous! What a beautiful thibng to make!
Thanks for sharing it with the Diva’s this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Chris said...

So very beautiful and such a clever idea! I love your colouring and your wonderful design too. Thank you for joining us at TOMIC this week. Chris and the TOMIC team. :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, how cute is this! Great way to use the stamps. Beatuiful!
Elizabeth xx

Lins said...

Oh Katie,

your wallhanger is so adorable, supercute!

Thanx for joining in the fun at Simply Magnolia ;-)

Hugs,

Lins

Sassy Scrapper said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love this fabulous hanging and it's colored in so beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us for this weeks challene at Simply Magnolia.
Hugs Bonnie

sassy said...

wow what a beautiful creation...fabulous project...hugs sassyx