My Followers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rose for You

Morning all. I just finished this card to enter in Crafty Individuals April challenge- Time for Summer. Initially, I envisioned the card as a vase with a rose in it. After adding the Crafty Individual stamp image, it kind of looked like the lady's dress. I will give this card to my mom for Mother's Day on May 13.




The card measures 8 1/5" x 5" when folded flat. I dry embossed the heart shaped die-cut lightly. I stamped and heat embossed the roses with white embossing powder on vellum and colored the image with markers. I then fussy cut out the rose images and layer them together. When the card is folded into <> shape, the rose pops into 3D. I also heat embossed the background with some French script.
The lady with a bird stamp is from Crafty Individuals.

Hope you enjoy this visit and thanks very much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

10 comments:

NGCARDS said...

A great creation hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Chris x said...

Beautiful card and lovely colours too.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Chris x

Peggy said...

Very pretty!! Hard to believe this is a card! Love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hello Katie
Such an elegant project for which you selected the perfect image.
Beautiful colours.
Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Katie
I am returning to say that this is a beautifully embossed project.
You always create with such unusual templates that make your art stand out.
Thank you for sharing with us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Jean Hardy said...

This is lovely and beautifully assembled Katie - just love that pink!
Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge. Jean

Nina Brackett said...

Oh my, what wonderful dimensions you've created on your card. Beautifully done! I'm glad you could join us for the Crafty Friends Challenge #2.

Franz♥ said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

Hugs, Franz.

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautifully constructed card for your Mother! One of my favorite images from CI! Thanks for joining us at FSC this week. Best wishes, Yvonne

sassy said...

what a wonderful card...absoloutly gorgeous....hugs sassyx