My Followers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Fairy

Good afternoon. Trust you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a few lovely sunny days here in Vancouver over Easter weekend and now is back to the grey raining days again.

One of the ladies I used to work with in our company is retiring end of month. I am always fond of her needle-work skills and her attention to details. She is also an avid gardener. I made this spring fairy card for her retirement.




This is a shaped easel card using Webster's Pages diecut DP. The fairy image is a photo stamp from Stampsmith. I stamped it on glossy paper with Jet Black Archival ink and lightly colored the dress and wings with pastel green and blue. Dies used here are from Memory Box and Spellbinders.

I made the 4 larger flowers. I love WP's princess petals but they are just too big for cards. Since I have some WP lace and rolls of sheer ribbons I bought from dollar stores and Hallmark store, I decided to make my own sheer fabric petals. It is best to use materials with synthetic content so when you singe the petal edge over tealight/candle flame, it will curl up to form cup shape.  The dimension of my knockoff princess petals ranges from 1" to 1 3/4" in diameter. So, give this a try, it is quite easy.



Thanks very much for stopping by, and have a great afternoon.
Hugs,
Katie

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

Louise said...

Gorgeous spring themed card,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck.
Louise xx

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Katie! Beautiful everything! Thank you for the "how-to" on making the flowers. Will try for sure! Thank you for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Debbie
^..^

Brodders said...

Lovely work:) Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This lady is so lucky to be on the receiving end of a card such as this.
I love your thought process for your stamp selection - such a perfect stamp for someone who loves their garden.
A stunning card which I am so glad you shared with us at The Stampsmith Challenge.
Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is sooo very beautiful I adore your handmade flowers they look amazing x
Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS this week and good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, what an absolutely beautiful card, I just popped onto the stampsmith challenge blog and spotted your card, I was instantly drawn to it. You have such a perfect eye for colour and design. xx

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Oh my gawsh!!! Wowzers! What a beauty!!!
Amazing job with the layout and design of this piece!
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration and your lovely tutorial with us at The Stampsmith Challenge - it's brilliant!
Val :)

Alison said...

Such a beautiful clever card Katie,I love your handmade flower! x