My Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baby Edwin's Pram and a Tutorial

Good evening. I would like to thank you for visiting my blog, your wonderful comments on my previous posts are much appreciated. You have put a big smile on my face.

As promised, I finally have some time to put together a tutorial on the BooBoo Bear baby pram I made a couple of weeks ago. I apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.  If you find the instruction not clear enough, just let me know.

I will start with the finished card.  I used a baby Edwin image on this card for Totally Tilda's current challenge- Oh Baby and Blog Hop. The card measures about 4"(W) x 4 1/2"(H).




Baby Pram Tutorial

Step 1: For this card, I used the largest of Spellbinder Large Circle and Large Scallop Circle dies.

Step 2: Cut the following
  • 2 pieces cardstock using the Large Scallop Circle die
  • 2 pieces of DP#1 using the Large Circle die
  • 1 piece of DP#2 using the Large Circle die

Step 3: Cut away 1/4 of the scallop cardstock from each card base.

Step 4: Cut the DP#1 circles in half.

Step 5: For the pram tops, you need 2 half circles (1 DP#1 and 1 DP#2). 
  • Use a protractor, measure and devide each of the half circle into six 30 degree pieces.
  • Cut out 4 pieces of triangle from each DP and use them to build the pram tops.

Step 6: Die cut or punch out few strips of 1/2" paper lace. Alternately, you can use fabric lace.

Step 7: For each side of the card, cut the lace strips as follows
  • 1 for each of the 4 pram top triangles
  • 1 for the pram bottom

Step 8: Cut four 1 1/4" circles for the wheels, and two 3/8" x 2" strips for the pram handles. Cut DP to decorate the wheels and handles if desired.

Step 9: Attach the lace strips to the triangles and pram bottom DP using tape or glue. Decorate the handles and wheels.

Step 10: I distressed the edges of scalop card bases with chalk ink. Decorate the pram top by overlapping 4 DP triangles, alternate DP#1 and DP#2 for contrast. Add the pram handles. The front and back panels are mirror image of each other.

 Step 11: Cover the pram bottom with DP and add wheels.

Step 12: Cut 2 pieces of 2"(W) x 1 1/4"(H) cardstock. These are the connectors for joining the front and back panels of the pram. For each piece, score every 1/2" as below and attach score tape on both ends. Accordion fold the pieces.

Step 13: Join the front and back of the pram using these 2 accordion fold pieces.


Step 14: Complete the card by adding embellishments and stamp image.

Have I exhausted you :^).  Hope you enjoy this tutorial and make a baby pram with your favourite stamp image and DP.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

19 comments:

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Thank you so much Katie, I had managed to do the 2 sides and made what I new to be a shadow box to connect but the pram just wouldn't stand up for some reason so I shall try connecting with the card concertinas now I see where you added them.
Thanks so much for the tutorial which must have taken you ages, I really appreciate it :-) You are one very talented lady :-)
Hugs Julie x
ps Thanks for the comment on my blog too

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hello Katie
I don't own a die-cutting machine but have to say for anyone who does this tutorial is a must.
A stunning card (so much more than a card).
Have you visited TSC today?
Wishes
Lynne

SVIT said...

This is gorgeous, Katie! Such a great idea! Thank you for playing along with us at OSSC this week/ Good luck!
Hugs, Svit xx

Distressed Miss said...

Oh Katie this is simply stunning, such a beautiful creation and a wonderful tutorial. Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

kbrandy4 said...

Wow!! Katie, i just adore your baby creation and fab tutorial!! Thank you for sharing your talent on the Totally Tilda Baby Blog Hop!! Remember to leave a comment on the TT blog and hop around leaving comments on all the DT's blogs for a chance to win one of the Prizes or DT's Candy!!
Good Luck!! Hugs Hazel xx

PS. I have candy on my blog also!!
http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2002/04/my-better-late-than-never-candy.html

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow gorgeous creation, love the pram and fab tutorial too, thanks for leaving me a comment, good luck with the hop hugs Liz xx

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial, I will try it out!
Hugs, Elizabeth

Ani said...

Absolutely stunning pram! Thanks for the tutorial! And thanks for playing along at OSCC this week! Ani
P.S. I have a candy on my blog if you're interested http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

Christine said...

wow Katie orgeous sweet baby Edwin creation ..many thanks for the tute defo have a try at this, love how placed sweet Edwin on the side..

thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda baby chall blog hop.

smiles Christine x

Jayne A said...

Oh wow an absolutely stunning creation.
Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne
x

Nicola said...

What a stunning creation Katie, love all the amazing details and cute baby Edwin - it's just reminded me that I have Magnolia dragonfly doohickey but haven't used it yet, how bad is that? They look so gorgeous on your pram, I really must use them lol!
Thanks for the lovely comments you leave me
Hugs Nicola xxx

Katarina said...

So beautiful!! Thanks for the tutorial, I will definitly try this! I have a little surprise for you in my blog, you´re welcome to take a look!
Hugs Katarina

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Wow thanks for sharing the pram tutorial,hugs
Doreen

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Hi Katie
Only me again! I have made a baby girl pram using your tutorial and wanted to check with you whether you are happy for me to link your tutorial to my challenge post.
If you would like to see photos of my finished pram you can email me juliebjenner@btinternet.com I will email them to you.
Thanks again for the fab tutorial
Hugs Julie x

Loz said...

This is STUNNING. I must make one of these..Loz

Marjorie said...

This is so well put together hun..I really would like to give this a try!! Thank you for sharing :)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Devi said...

OH wow... beautiful card and extremely good tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie
Thanks for sharing this tutorial.
It is so lovely, I cannot wait to make it.
Huge thanks Margaret

Buzzy Barbee said...

Beautifully done! I was thinking of doing something similar and was very fortunate to find your tutorial! So well done! I made one for a baby girl and one for a baby boy just in the last week! I used some Washi tape style lace but would like to purchase both your lace punch and the flower punch you did the wheels with - I'm searching with no luck though. Can you tell me what brand they are please? Thank you so much!