My Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Honeybee Tilda on Strawberry Patch

Good evening. We had a really beautiful weekend here in Vancouver, sunny but not too hot, just the right temperature. While I was crafting away this afternoon, the birds were chirping and a gentle breeze continuously flowing through the window; it was pretty peaceful and tranquil. 

I feel pretty content as I managed to finish 2 cards this weekend.  I am posting a Magnolia matchbox card tonight in time for TOMIC's challenge- Sweet fruity and a pocket. I am also coordinating other challenges' themes as well with this card.

The "card" measures 5"H x 4"W x 4"D. It is actually a 3D matchbox ornament. I made 3 origami strawberries using Stampin'Up DP and decorated them with embossed paper leaves and ribbon stems. The Honeybee Tilda is attached to the largest strawberry as if she's sitting on it.

I embellished the strawberry patch with Magnolia DooHickey swirl and dragonfly diecuts, and some paper flowers. I added a tag which is tugged in the back panel pocket for messages. The matchbox is made from SU diecuts. I added some glitters to the wings but they are not showing very well in the photo.




I am happy with this card. My DH just moved his office and wants to put this card on his office desk :^).

Thanks very much for stopping by and have a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

This is such a wonderful project. ♥ it! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamping Pixies!

Jay Jay

Stampin'Piper said...

Great Project! Very creative!

Thanks so much for joining us at TOMIC!

Hugs Tanja

Alex H. said...

WOW.... that's amazing! So many lovely details, wonderful coloring... LOVE IT! Thank's for joining us at SSP Challenge!
;-) Alex H.

Camilla said...

Wow what a cool project Katie! I love the shape, and so cool with the drawer under!
Thanks for joining MDUC this week.
Hugs, Camilla

Beate said...

OH my goodness, that's gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us in the Crafty Friends challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Norma said...

WOWZER, Katie, this is fabulous!!! Oh, you do come out gorgeous designs. This one is unique! Honey Bee Tilda is beautifully coloured. Love all the embellishments. Those strawberry are yummy. I luvvvvv your matchbox.
Hugs,
Norma

Karin Schuring said...

Amazing creation you have made!! Love your layout and those strawberries are great! Hugs, Karin

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow!! Stunning! You are so talented
Will you be doing a tutorial on this as well as your gorgeous pram.
Hugs Julie x

Franz♥ said...

Wow! Love your creation so much, thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

Hugs, Franz.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I love the colours on this one so sweet, thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week huggles pops x x x

Karen said...

Oh WOW what a super cute box I love it:-) Thanks so much for sharing you work with us at MDUC this week
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Louise said...

Hi Katie!
Wow! Such an awesome and beautiful project you're sharing with us this week :)
Love the whole idea of the pocket and the amazingly colored Tilda :)

Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC this week :) Welcome back!
Hugs, Louise

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - LOVE this fabulous 3D creation! ooh the things I could hide in that drawer!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week for out colour recipe - we hope you had fun creating with it.
xXx

Heather Jensen said...

Too cute! Thanks for playing at TCFC! :)

Pam Sparks said...

WOW! This is so over the top delightful! I love it! Charming... sweet... awesome details... great composition! So glad you linked up to the Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

Wow! It´s gorgeous! Love you´re coloring.

Thanks for playing with us at SSPC!