My Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Japanese Tilda- Paper Piecing

Afternoon all. I must admit, I am a paper addict. Over the years, I have "collected" enough designer paper that will last a few generations. I am sure I am not the only one out there have this obsession, LOL.

I have made a card using some of my favorite DP. I used paper piecing technique for this Japanese Tilda image. I stamped Tilda dress on origami paper and paper pieced the kimono . I also stamped the paving stones on designer paper I got in Maui and cut out the individual stone pieces and added some clear crackle paint. The kimono sash and rose bouquet and Tilda's hand are paper pieced as well. I enjoy paper piecing, it reminds me of my childhood when we used to make paper dolls and design their outfits. Not sure if the younger generations know what I am talking about :o)



I used Basic Grey DP for the background, the little fan embellie, and the inside of the card. I colored Tilda with Copic markers. I distressed the paper with stitching, distressing tool, chalk ink, and distress ink.  Dies used here are from Magnolia Doohickey and Tim Holtz. 




Thanks very much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

11 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the image and the purples and the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Fiona said...

such a pretty card...

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Cheryl said...

oh this is one really gorgeous card just love the image,and colours on this bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this,week

Mummylade said...

the paper piecing and the tiny fan is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Totally Tilda and good luck!

NancyD said...

I do love this cute Magnolia. Your paper piecing is wonderful. Thanks for joining us this time at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Bea und Doreen said...

this is gorgeous. Love it
many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Jacqui P said...

This is just beautiful! love your colours and details!I am like you with the papers!! I think there should be a paper addicts anonymous!! Lol
Thankyou for joining us this time over at totally tilda
hugs
Jacqui P x

Norma said...

You blew me away Katie, this is fabulous. Excellent job at paper piecing. Love the design of her kimono. Gorgeous BG papers--I have them too or scraps of them. Beautiful design. Love the butterfly border and distressed edges of your paper. The fan is brilliant. Love your card.
Hugs,
Norma

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Love the soft colors!

Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC, Hugs Tanja

Nicola said...

Stunning work Katie, love your paper piecing of such a sweet Tilda, and your attention to detail is gorgeous as ever, the fan and turned back corner are fab!
Hugs Nicola xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Pretty card.

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges.

Susan x