My Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Smile

Morning all. Thank you all for your lovely comments on my previous posts. I am also thankful that many of you are following my blog. For those of you requesting a tutorial on the baby stroller card, I promise I will post the tutorial in a couple of weeks.

I have 3 cards that need to be completed by May 30, hopefully I can get them all done in time. If not, that's okay too. I just finished one of them, it is for a sketch challenge at The Stampsmith and CLP. I used a photo stamp from Stampsmith called "Lily" as the focal point of this card. I must say I got pretty frustrated trying to get a good image, I must have tossed away a dozen or more images before I finally had a decent one. Not the greatest but I just had it. Not sure why I had such a hard time stamping it; it could have been the glossy paper I used, or the ink, or the stamp, or just me not having a good day stamping. I had to leave it for a day before I was in the mood to complete the card.

The card measures 6 1/2" x 6 1/2". I cut out the fairy and part of the borders from one of the pages from Prima Fairy Belle 6x6 DP and used them to decorate the card.


I used the remnant to make the lattice behind the stamp image. I sewed vertical lines on the paper every 1/4" increment and then cut out  the strips. I built the lattice by weaving the strips with some difficulties. Yes, sometimes I love to test my patience, lol.  I then mounted the lattice on 2 layers of DP. I distressed the DP and cardstock with chalk ink and distressing tool. I tear the paper at 3 spots and added doily cutouts behind the openings.


Once the base was done, I arranged the stamp image and embellishments according to the sketch. I rotated the sketch counter-clock wise, decorated the image with a strip of lace ribbon and some bought and handmade flowers and pearl string. I added a rub-on sentiment and metal book/photo corner on the image to complete the sketch. To finish the card, I decorated the inside with DP from Websters Pages.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

19 comments:

Suzie's Card Den said...

another beautiful card, I love the picture and your embelishments are gorgeous. Looking forward to your baby stroller card tutorial when you have time
Hugs
Suzie xx

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous, I love the image and the soft colours you have used.
Thanks for taking part in MAWTT
Hugs Mau xx

uksharon said...

This is truely beautiful. Love this vintage style of crafting.
Thanks for sharing with us at PP this week and hope to see more of your creativity.
Best wishes, Sharon

sassy said...

absoloutly fabulous card...it was worth the hassle sweetie as it so beautiful hugs assyxx

DesignerDiva said...

This sure is a beautiful card Katie, I love how you have decorated the inside too
Thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and hope to see you join us again soon
Laurie xx

Susan Hogan said...

Fantastic card and the image is very cool! Have you tried putting a mousemat under the paper before stamping? I find these stamps need a bit of encouragement. I love your fussy cutting! Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Stamp It Up!

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Your card is beautiful..love all the delicate touches and love you put into it.

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, I adore your cards, they are always so beautiful and immaculately created with such fantastic details and this is no exception. xx

Glitter Monkey said...

Well I think you did a great job with this beautiful image!! I love the collage around your card - it's a very unique looking effect. Lynn ♥

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful card - all that patient work has paid off. The muted colours are lovely and the image is gorgeous. Elizabeth

SuzanneK said...

Stunning card, the stamped image really looks like a photo. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is stunning,the detail is just fantastic,love all,the elements,they work beautifully could look at this all day,bless you for playing,at creative craft challenge this week,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

marion said...

Absolutely gorgeous ! Thanks for sharing it at LIIU and good luck. Hugs, marion

Liz Weber said...

Just DEVINE work Katie, love the fairy, love the flower and love the lace and pearls!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Hooked on Craft.

Liz Weber
Hooked on Craft Design Team

marion82 said...

this is beautiful sweetie!!Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Maria said...

I absolutely love this. The Stampsmith is one of my favourite stamp companies, and I love how you've used Lily here. Your details are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at LIIU, and good luck.

Maria x

Yvonne Garner said...

Your card is amazing! Love all the details. Best, Yvonne

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!! What a totally inspired project! I really love the stitched lattice work and the doilies peaking out on the edges! Thank you so much for sharing with us for The Stampsmith Challenge!
Val :)

Sophie said...

Wow!
Die Karte ist der absolute Bourner.
Fantastisch und wunderschön.

Liebe Grüße