My Followers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Welcome Baby - Baby Princess Tilda Cards

Good evening all. First of all, I want to thank you for your lovely comments and get well wishes. Still have the nagging cold, feeling rather congested with a headache. Hopefully by Monday I'll feel much better. We have a beautiful sunny weekend here in Vancouver, perfect for Mother's Day tomorrow.

A few younger ladies I know are expecting babies soon so I made a couple of baby Tilda cards ready for the occasions. I should make some baby Edwin cards too in case they are having baby boys. I used the same stamps for these 2 cards.  The designs are basically the same with different Magnolia designer paper.  Dies used here are Magnolia DooHickey die (heart tag), Memory box dies (clouds), and Spellbinder dies (scallop circles). I colored the baby Tilda images with Copic markers.

The 1st card is a shadow box card. I cut out 2 pieces of cloud shape cardstock free-hand, ran them through my Big Shot with an embossing folder, and sponged them with white chalk ink. I made a shadow box base and covered the front and back panel with the embossed cloud pieces. I then added 2 scallop circles and decorated the card with stamp images, magnolia DP, small cloud die-cuts, pearls, and blings. I punched out a small star and colored it with gold Smooch paint and attached it to the moon with some jump rings. The heart tag is tugged in the back panel for messages.



The 2nd card is a circular card. I attached a few small die-cut clouds to the base of the card so it can stand upright. I sponged the clouds with blue and white chalk inks to give more depth.


Thanks very much for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Hugs,
Katie

I will be entering these cards in the following challenges:
  • TOMIC- Bingo (DooHickey die, Magnolia DP, Shaped card)
  • Totally Tilda - Princess Tilda in a pink dress
  • Just Magnolia - More than 1 stamp
  • Simply Magnolia - A card but not a square

9 comments:

Neline said...

Great! It looks fantastic your cards!!
Nice shape, en lovely stamp.
Thanks for joining us at TOMIC!
Good luck;)
Neline

sassy said...

what beautifu cards...have become a follower as im liking what i see hugs sassy (UK)

Lins said...

Hi Katie,

your baby cards are so gorgeous!!! They are so detailed and so perfectly made...waaaaw!

Thanks for joining in the fun at simply magnolia.

Hugs,

Lins

Heidi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
Beautiful colours and design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow lovely shaped cards, lovely colouring, thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx

Distressed Miss said...

Oh Katie this is stunning, what a fabulous design.
Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

Joey said...

WOW Katie this is just beautiful. Joey x

Iulia said...

Wowzers, these are absolutely fantastic! Love the way you put these together! I will have to come back soon and look again ; just love them!
Glad you shared your cards with us at Just Magnolia!
Hugs, Iulia

Susie Sugar said...

Gorgeous baby princess Card so pretty
Thank you for joining us girls @ the Totally Tilda Challenge
Hugs Susie Sugar xx