My Followers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Woman with Clock Wall Hanging

Morning all. I am feeling a little under the weather this week :^(, probably coming down with the cold my son had. So this will be a short posting.

I bought a LaBlanche silicone stamp and a Prima Fairy Belle 6x6 DP pad recently. Yes, more paper; I can't resist the temptation. I just love the stamp image and the soft colors of the paper. The stamp inks up really well and the image is fairly sharp.  I used Mulberry paper for the image and to my surprise, it didn't bleed at all. I colored the stamp image lightly with Copic markers.

I decided to make a shabby wall hanging. The wall hanging measures 6 1/2" x 9", not including the hanging ribbon. I distressed the cardstocks and DP with machine stitches, inks, and distressing tools. I then added some ribbon and lace, a couple of trinkets, and an Eiffel tower stamp image to participate in FSC's Cities of the World challenge.



Thanks very much for stopping by. 

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this project in the following challenges:

17 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hello Katie
Sorry to read you are feeling under the weather, however it isn't holding back your creativity as this is divine.
Beautiful shabby feel to it with your usual impeccable eye for detail.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Candy C said...

Your wall hanging is very nice! I really like the stamps you have used on this piece. The little bird cage is such a nice little embellishment! The beautiful fabric flowers and lace at the bottom are also such a nice, feminine touch. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic wall hanging with great romantic feeling. Thanks for joininig us on FSC this fortnight.

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, this is just too gorgeous. I adore it, I have that stamp (I love La Blanche) & that paper pad ( can't bare to use it yet LOL! I love how you have cut away and opened up the paper to reveal your gorgeous stamping. Thanks so much for joining us again at FSC. XX

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, forgot to say I hope your feeling better now. xx

sassy said...

oh this is superb !!! I love vinatge/shaby this is so brilliant so glad im following now hugs sassyx

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely creation
Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft this time
Love Jan
xx

Crafty Tazzy said...

Gorgeous hunny Thank you for joining in the Creative Craft Challenge Anything goes xx

marion82 said...

wow so elegant!!! excellent sweetie!!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Mrs.B said...

Katie this is just gorgeous!
A beautiful image, looks fabulous showing through the torn paper.
Fabulous detail and embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril xx

Kim x said...

This is just fabulous, I love it.
Well done and thank you for entering the challenge at The Stampman with your favourite technique.
Hugs Kimx

Terry said...

This is so pretty, Katie! Love the Paris theme and design! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Terry said...

Oh and feel better really soon!

Shirl said...

Hi Katie this is so delicious and very pretty. Love the soft and floaty feel.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous hanging, love how you framed the image and all the details.
Thank for joining us at FSC this time
Meggymay

Ellie said...

I just LOVE your card, the colors go so wel together!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC.

xxx Ellie xxx

Joyce Owens said...

What a beautiful card, just perfect! I love, love, love it!!!