My Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tilda's Underwater Adventure

Good afternoon. Big hugs to my new followers and thank you all for visiting my blog and leaving me lovely comments, they really inspire me.

Today I am showing you another matchbox project, an underwater scene depicting Tilda's underwater adventure and her surprise finding. I really enjoy making scene cards lately. It's a good way to use my stamps that have been bagging me to use them, lol. It took me awhile to make this one, adding a few bits every day, kind of fun actually.

I used Spellbinder Label 10 die to cut out the 3 oval cardstock and DP. I top stitched the DP and distressed the paper edges. The matchboxes were made from Stampin'Up retired matchbox diecuts. Once the base was built, I added several stamp images to make the underwater scene. Stamps used here are:
  • Magnolia: mini Swimming Tilda, mini Mermaid Tilda, Mermaid Tilda, and Oyster with Pearl
  • Stampin'Up: Crab and Company
  • Our Craft Lounge: Bubbles and Sea-sons Greeting


I colored the images with Copic markers.  All images were fussy cut out and then paper pieced onto the base. I wanted the oyster with pearl to look more 3 dimensional, so I stamped the image 3 times and paper pieced the layers together with 3D foam dots. I covered the pearl with glitter and added some Flower Soft sand around the sandy base. I made some paper-rolled flowers to make them look like sea anemones. I decorated the ocean base with some cheese cloth, crystals, and a pearl string.


I completed the project by adding a Magnolia swirl diecut to the background, a small heart shape card with a mini mermaid Tilda which fits in one of the matchbox drawers, and some pearls and pom pom ribbons on both sides of the matchboxes .


For the crab, I stamped the image and sponged it lightly with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. I then ran the paper through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. I sponged the paper again with Fired Brick DI and then fussy cut out the image.


Thanks very much for stopping by, and wish you all a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this project in the following challenges:

21 comments:

Nicola said...

OMG Katie this is such a fantastic 3D project - soooooo inspirational!
The level of detail is incredible and I love it all - the shape, design, embossed crab, perfect colouring, fab decoupaged shell.....
Need I go on, congrats hun on an amazing creation!
Thanks for entering my paper piecing/piercing challenge over at Allsorts and the best of luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a fantastic creation--each detail is amazing..love it to bits
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Susan Hogan said...

This is amazing! Stunning! I am in awe!Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Ink It Up embellies challenge this month!

Karen said...

WOWEE this is amazing, I love your underwater themed box!! Gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Tilda's Town this week
Hugs
karen
xxx

brenda said...

Hello again Katie,

First of all please delete and ignore my last comment, I had totally the wrong hat on.

Your creation is as Nicola already said, just amazing and inspirational.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week and Penny Black and More this month.

B x

Tina Makuc said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!
Want one like this on my table!! :))
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges with your beautiful creation Katie!!!
Hugs, Tina

Lynne Moncrieff said...

It is astonishing the word you put into creating a "card" - in fact what you create are beyond cards.
Stunning detail and exceptionally cute.
Wishes
Lynne

sassy said...

wow kate this is awesome hunnie what allot of work you did on this beauty...a bit like adventure for yourself eh...wonderful colourful and playful fabulous hugs sassyxx

Pam Sparks said...

fabulous creating! fabulously inspiring! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing! oh, that swimming Tilda is so cute teeny!

Jessica said...

This creation is absolutely amazing!! Just LOVE all the details! And the colours, beautiful!

Hugs Jessica

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow this is fabulous a stunning creations
Thanks for joining is at Diva's this week
Lisa x

SuzanneK said...

Wow, your project is awesome, so much to take in. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck with the draw. Hugz Suzanne

Candy said...

Oh my goodness, Katie! What a fabulous card!
You have so many details on it. Love all the work you have done to decorate this beauty.
The oyster and pearl are wonderful.
Love the amount of images you have used.
I haven't seen a card with the little drawers for a long time. Love everything!!
Thank you so very much for joining us at
Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

Crafting Diva said...

HI Katie wow this is amazing so much details and wonderful image and idea love it well done!!!!

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, What a gorgeous box that you have created! The underwater scene on top is amazing! I love all the details that you have added to it! Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Color Challenge. I hope that you join us again soon with one of your wonderful creations.
Hugs,
Suzan

Becky said...

Wow!!! This is amazing, so many stunning details
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Tilda's Town Challenges
Hugs, Becky x

I've got candy on my blog if youre interested http://attic-crafter.blogspot.co.uk/

Janneke said...

What a stunning project ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week!

Janneke X

Diana Crick said...

Oh my gosh this is a feast for the eyes, an absolutely incredible project. Such attention to detail!
This is a masterpiece.
hugs, Diana

susiestacey said...

Such a beautiful project with lots of wonderful details. Thank you for sharing your favourite things over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Cheryl said...

Wow, Katie!! Your little box of drawers is gorgeous!! YOu've added so much detail! I think it really works to add a bit to a project each day! This is a stunner!
(Love how you embossed the crab!)
Thanks for joining in the Magnolia-licious water challenge!! Good luck!

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma