My Followers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Simply Magnolia Guest Design- Criss Cross Card

Morning all. Few weeks ago, I won the Fancy Folds challenge at Simply Magnolia; the prize was a guest designer spot at a future challenge. Tracy has asked me to guest design on July 29`s Criss Cross card challenge. I am thrilled.

I used Tilda Learning to Dance stamp from the new Magnolia Turning Leaves Collection for my Criss Cross card.

The card measure about 4 1/4"(W) x 6"(H). I trimmed the 2 front flaps into 1/4 scalloped circles and cut the back panel 1 1/4" higher. I distressed most paper edges and top stitched the designer paper. I decorated the card with pearls, flowers (Prima and Wild Orchid Craft), pom pom ribbon, lace and die cuts. Dies used are Magnolia DooHickey and Memory Box.


I colored the image with Copic markers and lightly dusted the dress ruffles with glitters which are not showing very well in the pictures. The designer paper used on the card and tag is Magnolia's Vintage Turquoise from Sweet Crazy Love Collection. I love this paper, so dreamy and romantic. I twisted a piece of light turquoise seam binding ribbon to make a bow for the tag and dressed up the tag with a small rose, a charm, lace ribbon and pearl string.


I hope you enjoy this visit. Thanks very much for stopping by.

Don't forget to hop over to Simply Magnolia and see all the awesome creations from the designer team.
Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

13 comments:

sassy said...

beautiful card and such a cute tilda love the colour and those adorable pom poms fabulous hugs assyx

Hanna said...

Katie, you creations always takes my breath away, and this fabulous criss-cross card is no exception. I love the wavy edges and the size of your card, it's very beautiful and very inspiring!
Gorgeous embellishing too, love how detailed it is with all those delicate swirls and stunning flowers.

hugs
Hanna

SuzanneK said...

OMG I love every gorgeous detail. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck in the challenge draw. Hope to see you for our next challenge at our new blog. Hugz Suzanne

Susie Sugar said...

Pretty summer colours and she looks like she's having fun dancing amongst those summer flowers so I guess she counts !!
Thanks for playing our Summer Fun challenge @ Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Katie and great Techniques!
Thanks for sharing with us at Tilda's Town challenge this week. Hugs Teresa xx

Tina Makuc said...

This is gorgeous Katie!! The shape of the card.. your colouring.. all the details.. Everything's perfect!!
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week with your beautiful creation!! Good luck in the draw!!
Hugs, Tina

mae said...

Fabulous creation! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Mae

Victoria said...

wow this is beautiful thank you for joining us at JM this challenge x

heidy said...

Wow Katie,this is gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

krafty-kutz said...

Wow... Beautiful card... Thanks for joining us at totally tilda and good luck! xx

Kathleen said...

Hi Katie, beautiful card, love the colour and of course the sweet tilda.
Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
Hugs
Kat xx

Becky said...

Beautiful, such pretty colours
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, you card is so gorgeous! I love the size of this criss cross card and all the details that you have added to it, especially the flower lace along the edges. Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Inspiration Challenge! I hope you join us again soon with one of your beautiful creations.
Hugs,
Suzan