My Followers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Fashionista Challenge DT Card- Card for a Child

Morning all. While I was on vacation last month, I received an e-mail from Rina, owner of Fashionista Challenge, asking if I would like to join her challenge designer team. Wow, I was just thrilled and later accepted the offer - how can I refuse such a great opportunity!

Today, we have a new challenge for you at Fashionista.

The theme is Card For A Child sponsored by Stamp Fairy. 


You may create any type of paper crafting with this theme. Please visit Fashionista for challenge rules and details.

For my DT card, I made a round easel card using Molly April digi image from Stamp Fairy.


The card measures about 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I used Spellbinder Circle and Scallop Circle dies to cut out the cardstock and designer paper. I colored Molly with Copic markers and then fussy cut out the image. I did some top stitching and decorated the card with die cuts, pearls, and flowers.



For the picket fence, I stamped woodgrain background (StampinUp) on a piece of vanilla cardstock and then sponged it with a couple of neutral colors before I die cut the paper. I used Magnolia DooHickey dies for the fence, swirl, and dragonfly. Designer papers used here are from Basic Grey and Memory Box. Flowers are handmade and from WOC.


I hope you enjoy this visit. I would love it if you can play along with us at Fashionista Challenge and see my teammates' fabulous creations. 

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:


14 comments:

Christy Designs said...

Love your designs and fab coloring!
Very girlie card.....

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful it looks!

nnalorac said...

This is adorable Katie, just love the design and Easel shape. Gorgeous colours and love this image, just so cute. Carolxx

Suzie's Card Den said...

What an amazing card, it is so pretty, your layout and choice of image is just lovely.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Pat K said...

WOW, such a pretty card Katie. Beautiful colouring and great design. pat k.x

Elaine said...

How fabulous Katie what a gorgeous card I love the shape too , stunning work hugs Elaine

Suzanne said...

beautiful card thanks for joining us at stamptacular

Mau xx said...

This is wonderful, love the shape and detail on it. beautiful colours as well. Thank you for taking part in the MAWTT challenge
Hugs Mau xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Oh wow this is so sweet, what a great creation, Thanks for playing along with our challenge on MAWTT this fortnight, Love Hazelxox

Teresa said...

Simply beautiful Katie, I love this style and gorgeous image. Teresa x

Lozzapops said...

Beautiful card Katie! Thanks for letting me know about the link that doesn't work - all fixed!! Laura x

Marissa Isabel said...

This s is so cute! Fabulous card!
Thanks for sharing your project at Delightful Challenges
Blessings
marissa Isabel

Cyndi said...

Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week!

sassy said...

love this card...beautiful cute again and again you make the most beautiful cards in awe..sassyxxxxx