My Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Side Step Cards- LOTV

Good evening everyone. Tonight, I have a couple of birthday cards to share with you. I use the same stamp image but different designer paper for these cards. It is also my first time water-coloring with distress inks. I enjoyed water coloring these images a lot, it was very therapeutic and addicting.
 
 
Each card measures 7"(W) x 5"(H) including the tree diecut. The LO is a double side step card, the right step is 1/2" narrower than the left side. The image is Top Chef from LOTV. The bear is so cute and the BBQ looks so yummy :^)
 
 
I did some top stitching on the image panel and DP. The DPs are Basic Gray and Magnolia. Dies I used are Memory Box(tree), Magnolia DooHickey(grass, fence, lace border), Spellbinder and Stampin'Up(button). I used the same DPs to decorate the inside of the cards.
 
 
Both cards are made for family members whose BDs are coming up in September. Hopefully we still have lovely sunny weather in September for a nice BBQ.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a good visit.
 
Hugs,
Katie
 
I wish to ener my card in the following challenges:


13 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

These are so sweet! Love how you incorporated so many different dies.. and your coloring is amazing. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Chris x said...

Beautifully designed and so well coloured. Lovely work.
Chris x

cebelica said...

Gorgeous card with lots of little details. I love it! Hugs! xx

Jacqui P said...

wow 2 fabulous cards! and I am very impressed that this is your first time colouring with distress inks!! amazing!
thankyou so much for joining the fun over at basic grey challenges!
hugs
Jacqui P x

Deb said...

beautiful cards, I do love that sweet image!

Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful cards, I love the shape and cute little bears. Teresa xx

Christy Designs said...

Gorgeous card Katie !! Your first coloring with DI so amazing !! I love it

Tanya said...

These are fab! I love the layout, it's great - and your colouring is fantastic! I love all the diecuts too, those little fences are adorable.

Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge Blog :)

Tanya xx

Lau W said...

Hello !
Your blog is full of so nice creations ! i follow you :-))
Have a great day !
xx

Mary J said...

They are both so gorgeous Katie - fabulous detail!

SUZYD said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS,LOVE THE CUTE BEARS.SUZYD X

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! These are stunning. I love the image and the colours and detailing are all gorgeous

Sue

sassy said...

aw wowey this is adorable...perfect and so special hugs sassyxx