My Followers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tilda's Fun at the Beach

Evening all.  2nd post today, just tidying up another unfinished project which I started a week ago.  It's a beach scene step card using mini Tildas from the Magnolia Summer Memories Collection.

 
The card measures about 6"(W) x 5 1/2"(H). I used masking technique to stamp the logs which Tildas are sitting on. The images were colored with Copic markers. I cut out and embossed some DP for the sandy beach and added a bit of Flower Soft sand around the logs and where Water Lily Tilda and Key Largo Tilda are standing.
 


I decorated the card with some cheese cloth, ropes, die cut flower, pearl, and die cut palm trees. Dies used here are from Spellbinder, Magnolia DooHickey, and Memory Box. I used SU craft cardstock as the base; DP is from Webster's Pages.



I am enjoying our August weather here in Vancouver; not too hot, just the right temperature. I feel relaxed and content now that I got this card done.
 
Thanks so much for visiting me and I wish you all a lovely day tomorrow.
 
Hugs,
Katie
 

 I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

23 comments:

Sandra said...

What a beautiful scen you have created! hugs

Julia S-W said...

Goodness me: so much work and such a cute outcome.
Juliaxx

Janneke said...

What a beautiful card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town this week ...

Riadesign said...

Hai Hai
what A great card you made Lovely colors and a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog hope to see you next time
hugs Ria

Rina said...

OMG Katie... ((hanging head)) guess I shouldnt enter any of those challenges!!! This is sooo awesome!!!! Im gonna see your name all over Feline again!!!

Hugs,
Rina

Christina C. said...

WOW.....look at all those adorable Tildas!!!!! Such a beautiful scene you created for them....very artistic and so creative!!!

Christy Designs said...

Wow...wow....wow your step card so gorgeous!!!
The scene you created with so many detail on it.
Owsome !

Teresa said...

Superb card Katie, great image and beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at Tilda's Town. Teresa x

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful scene!!! Love it! Everyting about it! Thanks for sharing with us in Tilda's Town this week! Hugs, Elizabeth

Tina Makuc said...

This is fantastic Katie!! So many images and all those deails!! I love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week!!
Hugs, Tina

Sharon said...

WOW Katie, the scence you've created is just adorable! I love the embossing and flower soft together, such a great effect.

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Masking Challenge this week!

Sharon x

Bron said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! YOur scene is fantastic I just love every element of your card.
Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week hugs from Bron x

Jacqueline said...

WOW,this is stunning what a beautiful creation.The scene you have created is amazing.:)Jacqueline.S

Mary J said...

WOW! That is so amazing Katie! The embossing and elements all came together beautifully!

Janiel/ janny said...

oh wow what a detailed beautiful card!!!! AMAZING..CREATIVE... BEAUTIFUL!!!!
hugs.....

Becky said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing!!!
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x

I've got candy on my blog if you're interested, http://attic-crafter.blogspot.co.uk/

krafty-kutz said...

WOW!!! i love it!! Thanks for joining us at tt and good luck xx

Elaine said...

Katie what a beautiful card ,such stunning work here , this is for someone special, wow what an incredible creation well done Hugs Elaine

sassy said...

wow this is just stunning work hunnie love the scene just perfect all those littel beauties in one place fabulous hugs sassyxx

Home sweet home said...

Wow this is really stunning work,:):)

Love your work:):)

Merethe

Suzie's Card Den said...

Wow this is one of the most amazing cards I have seen in a long time, I love it, so much going on and your layout is perfect.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Crafteezee said...

Wow, what a fun summer scene. Thanks for playing with us at BunnyZoe.
Hugs Tracy x

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, your card is so adorable! I love the beach scene that you have created with all the Tildas! The embossed sand looks great!
Hugs,
Suzan