My Followers

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tilda with Heart Flowers - 3rd GDT Card for MDUC

Hi Everyone!
This week just flied by so quickly, it's weekend already.
Today I have a tag card to share with you ~
my 3rd guest design card for MDUC.


The theme for this week's new challenge is Birthstone ~
Use your own birthstone as the main color of your creation.

I was born in February so amethyst is my birthstone.
I love color purple but somehow I seldom use it in my paper crafts.
To add more challenge for myself, I decided to use 
orange and yellow, another colors I rarely use.

This tag card measures 6.25"(H) x 4.25"(W).
I used Spellbinder Petite Oval, Resplendent and 
Curved Rectangle dies to cut the frames.


I water colored Summer Flower Tilda and Heart Flowers 
with TH Distress Inks.
I used Viva Decor Glitter Gel and Pearl Pen
to add more sparkles to the images.


The DP is from Webster's Pages. 
I used Magnolia DooHickey dies to cut the dragonfly, 
flowers, swirls, fence, and grass. 
I attached a TH small easel die cut to the back of
the card to prop it upright for display.


I think these 3 colors are in harmony :^)
What do you think?
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hope you'll hop over to MDUC to see all the lovely
creations by the designer team.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:


14 comments:

lynne said...

Hi
That little picket fence is the most adorable addition to this precious card.
Wishes
Lynne

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Katie,
Stunning card, love the layout and image - super colouring too.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Katie
HUGZ Fleur
xXx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Katie. I love the images, your gorgeous colouring and the detail you have added is wonderful

Hugs Sue

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!!! Your card is fabulous!!!!! I love the way you coloured the whole scene, it's terrific!!!! You're so talented, can't wait to get to know you better! Hugs, Brigitte

Janiel/ janny said...

Wow Katie....What a beautiful card!! Love the shape, style and all of die cuts you have used...... The colors are also stunning....
hugs........

Christy Designs said...

Gorgeous card Katie !
Love all the detail you have added.
Your coloring fab
Hugs Christy

paperpapier said...

absolutely gorgeous ....!!!love the flowers, cute Tilda and amazing colour combo!

Sharon said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the cute image and the layout is gorgeous. Love the picket fence also. Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Lisa S. said...

This is a beautiful card Katie, I love all of the details you included. It's a delight to look at. :)

Crafty Tazzy said...

OOO I love IT!!!! <3 Thank you for joining in with Creative Craft Challenges2 Theme 3.. Good Luck hunny... Annette (dt CCC)

Céline said...

absolutly fantastic!
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

Sandra said...

Super card.
Thanks for sharing at Creative Craft
SandraT xxx

Karen said...

Oh your card is Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week!
Hugs
Karen
xxx