My Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

An Autumn Welcome ~ Marvelous Magnolia DT Card

Hiya, welcome to my blog.
Autumn has settled in Vancouver for a few weeks now.
We have had lots and lots of rain so far.
But when the weather is sunny, the autumn scene is quite spectacular in Vancouver.


Today is Marvelous Magnolia's 1st challenge and the theme is
Anything Goes.


Our sponsor for this challenge is Magnolia-licious.


My DT card is an Autumn Welcome Card to
welcoming you all to visit the new Magnolia challenge blog
and hope you will join in the fun.

The 2-step card measures 5.5"(W) x 6"(H).
To make the background scene look distant and to add some interest,
I used On The Edge Doily die from TH to cut the circular frame.
I added a small heart tag tugged under the doilies at the top.


I colored the background, mushrooms and Tilda with Copic markers.
I have not used my Copics for quite some time, 
my Copic coloring technique is getting a little rusty :^).


 I fussy cut out the images and used them to decorate the scene.
Heart swirl, dragon fly, fence, grass, and heart tag dies used here 
are Magnolia DooHickey dies.


All the Magolia stamps and DooHickey dies used in this project
are available at Magnolia-licious store.
The store owner, Diana, offers excellent customer service
and your orders are always processed and shipped quickly.
How do I know that? Because I am a regular customer at Diana's store.

I hope you enjoy this visit.
I would love it if you hop over to Marvelous Magnolia to 
see all my teamies' gorgeous creations and join in the challenge.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

21 comments:

Nancie Quah said...

This card is outstanding. Very pretty. I love your colouring and your choice of little details.
Hugs, Nancie

Alyce said...

Wow katie!!! this is absolutely stunning..I absolutely love the gorgeous design...fab work! So excited to be guesting with you this week :)

Nicolchen said...

Hi Katie

Your card is just gorgeous...there are so many details to discover and your colouring is fab...it´s a dream :0)))

Hugs Nicole

Chris x said...

hi katie
Love your fabulous card
Hugs
Chris x

Rina said...

Absolutely precious creation Katie! You are a Magnolia Rock Star!

Hugs,
Rina

Sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning card, I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful. The design and details are gorgeous

hugs Sue

lynne said...

Made With Love could not be more perfect as we can tell that this creation was certainly made with love.
Stunning in its detail.
Wishes
Lynne

Brigitte said...

What a great card and beautiful scene!!!! Hugs, brigitte

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Katie,
What a beautiful card, I am always in awe of your projects - they are all so stunning.
I love this layout and there are so many stamps - just perfect.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Fleur said...

A stunning card. Love the shape
I have candy if you're interested
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Paper Profusion said...

Gorgeous card Katie. Love the shape, colours and all the detailed little elements. Nicola

Rebekah said...

This is so fab I adore the little toadstool at the front what a great scene hugs Rebekah xx

Maris said...

Hi Katie, what a stunning creation is this, i love it xx

Lisa Sjöström said...

Love this card, it gives me a feeling of lovely autumn! Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolia´s this week :)
hugs, Lisa

Sandra Mathis said...

Beautiful Autumn card, though it reminds me a bit of Spring as well. Must be the happy colours! Great scene you've created here, Katie, I've seen several of those from you (last one was for MDUC).

Hugz,
Sandy

Lisa Carroll said...

Such a stunning card! Exquisite coloring, and so many perfect details in this cute scene. :) Thanks for entering our "Get In Shape" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xox

Debbie Pamment said...

Marvellous Magnolia is the perfect DT for you - your work is nothing short of marvellous!
xXx

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous, love the little mushrooms, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

cabio's craft corner said...

Cheerful and delightful design of this Tilda card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Tina Makuc said...

This is amazing Katie!!
Love the images and your colouring is stunning.. Love how you used that doily..
Thanks for playing with us at Midweek Magnolias this week.. Good luck in the draw..
Hugs, Tina

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a beautiful girly card x
Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMCS challenge & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo