My Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Christmas Gift Set - GDT Projects for LLC

Hi Everyone!
Today, I have a Christmas card and a gift project to share with you.
I was invited by Sandy Mathis to guest design for
  Live & Love Crafts' November challenge.
This month's theme is Christmas.

Live & Love Crafts' Inspiration and Challenge Blog

LLC store is a UK based online store, specializing in
vintage and shabby chic craft supplies.
I have used a few items available at LLC store for this project.


The card measures 6" x 6".

The photo stamp is Vintage Christmas from Stempelglede.
I stamped the image on glossy paper with Jet Black Archival Ink. 

The LO is from The Sketchy Challenge's sketch #35.



I used a Memory Box die cut to frame the image,
did some top stitching and added postage marks on the DP.
I also added some Kort & Godt Decoration Berries in the top left corner. 
The DPs are Waiting for Santa and Silent Night from Pion Design.
Both decoration berries and DPs are available at LLC store.


 I also made a satin pouch sized for a cell phone/ipod touch. 
The image was stamped on TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) with AI
and then ironed on a piece of fine cotton cloth.
I sewed the image on satin fabric and framed it with laces.
I then assembled the satin pouch and added a
pearl button closure at the left side.
The rhinestone lace is available at LLC store.


I quite like the satin pouch and will make a few more for Christmas give-away, 
the ipod touch will not be included :^).


Hope you enjoy this visit and I would love it if you hop over
to Live & Love Crafts to see the DT creations
and join in the Christmas challenge.
And don't forget to visit LLC store as well,
Sandy has lots of gorgeous products for your crafting needs.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this project in the following challenges:



14 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, your card and pouch are wonderful!!!! I love the vintage touch and what a clever idea to make those cover for a phone! Hugs, Brigitte

Mrs.B said...

Hi Katie, this is a beautiful card, love the image and beautiful papers you've used. The little pouch is so sweet, a great gift.
Avril xx

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs
Cordine

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! These are stunning. I love the vintage images and the colours and details with all that beautiful lace are gorgeous.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card and Iphone cover, Katie! We are so lucky to have you on board as a guest designer at the LLC blog this month. I'm always looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations, this is noe exception!

brenda said...

Fabulous work again Katie, it's always a pleasure to visit your blog.

Thanks so much for joining my 'In Stitches' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card and satin pouch. Love the frame around your gorgeous vintage image. Beautiful layout and design too. Your pouch is so feminine and the lace is stunning. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Katie,
They're both wonderful, but my favourite is the little Ipod pouch, it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. You already know I love the lace so what else can I say...but thank you so very much for guest designing for LLC this month, it was a pleasure having you!!!

Hugz,
Sandy

P.S. Thanks also for playing with the Sketchy Girls.

Candy C said...

Katie...your card is absolutely beautiful! I so love it's vintage feeling. Love the sweet photograph of the "angels". I also love your layers of matted papers. So pretty! The lace and doily make wonderful embellishments as do the little pearls and poinsettia. And...the die cut frame around the angels...just lovely. I also dearly love your fabric piece. The creams and whites are so lovely together. It's such a delicate and lovely piece. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Barb said...

Hi Katie,
This is my first "visit" to your wonderful blog, I love your creations! This card is amazing!
bARb in Texas

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations! xxx

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining us this time at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations with our Celebration challenge, love all the lace

shell said...

Oh wow Gorjuss card and pouch hun, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx