My Followers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Little Christmas Ornaments- MDUC GDT #4

Hi Everyone!

Today I have a couple of Christmas ornaments to share with you.
I have made them for my last GDT project at MDUC.
The theme for this week's new challenge is
Christmas Ornament

These cone-shaped Christmas ornaments can be hung
on Christmas tree or anywhere you wish.
They can also be filled with small gifts and/or treats.


The cones are made of  DPs- a good way to use my DP collections.
I used a compass to draw a pie shape on the DP
with 5.5" radius and a 70 degree angle.
If you use a 12"x12" DP, you can draw a full circle 
and cut out 5 pie-shaped pieces. 

I cut out some paper doily strips and attached them to the top of the cones.
I have split the CS into 2 layers (before cutting) to make the paper more pliable.
I also added some laces to hide the seams and for decoration.


I colored Angel Tilda with Copic markers and added 
some glitters on the halos and wings.
I then framed the image with a sparkly scalloped oval die cut.


To complete the hanging, I added some cheese cloth,
a lace applique, a tassel, a star charm, 
and a handmade poinsettia.

I attached a couple of small organza ribbon roses on
each end of the hanging string to hide the knots.


I am going to make a bunch of these ornaments and 
stuff them with small gifts and treats.

Hope you enjoy this visit.
Don't forget to hop over to MDUC to check out the DT creations
and join in the Christmas Ornament challenge.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter these paper creations in the following challenges:

20 comments:

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!! They are both magical!!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

sassy said...

oh wow these are stunning hugs sassyxx

Fleur said...

These are gorgeous Katie, may have a go for Mackenzie's teachers.
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lisa Carroll said...

These are simply beautiful The glitter and the tassels take the elegance over the top. :) Thanks for entering our "Get In Shape" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xox

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet project and great Christmas ornamenet idea for goodies :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Maris said...

hi katie, ohhhhh what great is this, loveeee it xx

Louise said...

Hi Katie!
Oh, wowsers! This is so beautiful sweetie :)
Stunningly inked Tildas and so many gorgeous details :) Love the papers youve used and not to mention the fabby idea of making christmas cones.

Thank you so much for the fabby job youve done being our GDT. Loved every minute of working along side you :) Lots of talant in here :)

Biggest of hugs

Suzi said...

How adorable are these sweet Christmas Decoration. I love them to bits. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.
Suzi x

Wishcraft said...

Oh they're gorgeous! Fab design, and so sweet and pretty. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tina Makuc said...

These Christmas ornaments are absolutely wonderful Katie!!
Love those Magnolia papers and the image is one of my all-time favourites..
Thanks for playing with us at Midweek Magnolias this week.. Good luck in the draw..
Hugs, Tina

Hanna said...

Oh Katie, as all your creations, these ones are true masterpieces, and I'm absolutely in love with them. They're too adorable for words, you are so talented, I don't know where to begin! Love absolutely everything about it!


hugs
Hanna

Christina C. said...

Such beautiful ornaments....love the gorgeous oval dies! Outstanding job!

Karen B. said...

I've always loved the cone decoration. It is so elegant and really makes a statement. I love your colour schemes and your stamp choice Katie and I'm sure these will be a hit with whomever you give these too especially if they are filled with goodies. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and you really are an inspiration to many.

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Katie,
Two very beautiful Christmas ornaments! I like the one in pink the best...no wait the one in blue...or??? Too hard of a choice!

Hugz,
Sandy

Chris x said...

These are adorable Katie
Hugs
Chris x

Rebekah said...

Love these sweetie how pretty! thanks for playing at CI and Divas this time hugs Rebekah xx

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations! xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely projects!

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Kim said...

Gorgeous! Great idea, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

My name is Wynneth said...

These cones are gorgeous and such delightful Tildas - so pretty. I love the glittery scalloped frames around the image layers too. Thanks so much for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week.
hugs
wynneth
x