My Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Monochromatic White Ophelia

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all have had a lovely weekend.

Today I have a fabric project to share with you.
I made this to enter in the Stampsmith Monochromatic White Challenge.
It is a small pouch, measuring 3.5" x 5.5" (including the lace).
It can be used as a jewelry pouch or a change purse.


The image I used is Ophelia from Stampsmith.
I stamped the image on TAP paper and then ironed it on fine cotton fabric.
I framed the image with some laces and a few pearls.



I machine stitched the linen pouch and lined it with cotton fabric.
I added some laces, organza rose ribbon, seam binding ribbon, 
pearls and buttons to dress up the pouch.


I sewed a couple of snap-closure buttons along the top opening
which can be closed flat or like a pyramid.




Thanks so much for stopping by 
and 
wish you all a lovely week.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this project in the following challenges:


12 comments:

Daniele said...

so pretty all in white, beautiful image
hugs

Sue - bearhouse said...

Oh my goodness Katie, this is stunning. I love the design and all the delicate detailing you have added.

Sue

Brigitte said...

WOW, this is amazing!!!! So vintage and perfectly executed! Hugs, Brigitte

sassy said...

morning katie... stunning what a terrific piece the colours are superb stunning image all that lace just so beautiful and enchanting too hugs sassyx

Christina C. said...

WOW.....gasping!! This is beautiful, Katie! Love the stunning image and you showcased her with such elegance!

Julie said...

This is beautiful - what a fab way to use such a beautiful stamp!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Texture Challenge!

Hugs

Julie

Suzie's Card Den said...

What an amazing project, you are so very talented
Hugs
Suzie xx

butterfly said...

So lovely - what a delicious combination of image and delicate fabrics!
Alison x

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Katie,
It's been a while since I visited, so I thought I'd pop over and check out your latest creations...and I'm not disappointed!

Stunningly beautiful project!
(More wedding lace? :-))

Hugz,
Sandy

Maria said...

Oh wow! This is really stunning Katie! I love all the gorgeous lace and you've designed it so beautifully. This would make a lovely gift for someone special. Xxxxx

Linda said...

Lovely!

Sandra Mathis said...

These images are so beautiful, I'm seriously tempted to get some of my own. Another amazingly beautiful project Katie, it really shows off how well you work with fabric and laces.

Hugz,
Sandy