My Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Vintage Christmas Fabric Projects

Hi Everyone!

Today I have a couple of vintage Christmas projects to share with you.
I  picked up some oval wooden boxes at Michaels for $1.50/ea;
they are perfect size for altered Christmas gift boxes.

I was in the mood of making fabric/lace altered projects 
and these are what I came up with. 


The oval wooden box measures 4.25" x 2.5" x 2.5".
I stamped Crafty Individuals-332 image on TAP paper with 
brown StazOn ink and then ironed on muslin fabric.
I added glitter gel on the snowflakes to give some sparkles.


I hand and machine stitched various laces and pearls to frame the image.
I layered a piece of light-weight batting material under the muslin to 
give some padding and depth before mounting it on to the lid.
I covered the rim with a piece of seam binding to conceal 
the frayed edges of muslin and then with lace.


I covered the side and bottom of the box with DP from Magnolia 
and attached a strip of lace at the base.
I added tiny pearls on the lace using Viva Decor Pearl Pen.


I was surprised it didn't take me very long to alter this box,
less time than making a card :^)


I also made a little lace cone ornament/ gift bag.
The cone is 6.5" long without the tassel.

The base of the cone is a piece of pink Magnolia DP.
I cut out a pie shape using a compass- 6" radius and a 70 degree angle,
made the paper cone and covered it with lace.

I decorated the cone with an musical angel image (CI-154 stamped on 
TAP and transferred onto muslin), tiny pom pom ribbon, 
more laces, appliques, pearls and a tassel. 
I attached a crystal bead string so it can be hung up for display.


These are easy and fun projects to make and great for Christmas giveaway.
Why not give it a try. 
If you have any question, just drop me a line.

Hope you enjoyed this visit.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter these creations in the following challenges:





21 comments:

Brigitte said...

These are gorgeous Katie!!!! Love the vintage look and beautiful laces! Hugs, Brigitte

Suzie's Card Den said...

These are stunning Katie, you always make such wonderful projects. I could just see the cones hanging from a Christmas tree
Hugs
Suzie xx

Chris x said...

Adorable!
Chris x

cebelica said...

Both projects are absolutely stunning! I'm sure that whoever receives these for Christmas will treasure them for a long time. Hugs! xx

Jean Hardy said...

Absolutely beautiful projects Katie, love all that lace and use of the TAP transferred images. Thanks for sharing in the Crafty Individuals November Challenge. Fabulous, Jean x

brenda said...

Yet another beautiful entry Katie, it's always such a pleasure to come and see your lovely work.

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

sassy said...

oh my this is so beautiful katie ..love them are perfectly brilliant superb projects and i love visiting your stunning blog hussassyxxxxx

pinky said...

Great use of your lace, stunning projects. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So wonderful Christmas projects, great use of the lace. Love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous set! I love the lace!!! hugs, Elizabeth

May said...

Stunning Christmas creations... I adore the lace & those fabulous stamps... Beautiful for gifts... Hugs May x x x

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are really beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us this month at Hooked on Craft, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Katie, Two beautiful Christmas gifts and such gorgeous lace and pearls. The cone with the TAP stamped image is perfect for our musical challenge at FSC
Avril x

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, these are breathtaking, love them both so delicate and lacy, thanks so much for sharing them with us at FSC. XX

Claire said...

Wow how beautiful Katie, so delicate and feminine. Stunning work. thanks for joining us at FSC this time around
Claire xx

nefertiti said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!just fabulous!!!so elegant and gorgeous creations!!!bizz

Gio said...

These pieces are so lovely! Very elegant and delicate.

Lynne K said...

Wow, what stunning projects! So beautifully made. Thank you for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations this month, and good luck.

Lynne

lena-dailyscrap said...

Gorgeous little gifts/decorations and the stamps are just perfect!

Karita said...

OH Katie, what can I say... Your work is so gorgeous - it takes my breath away! You are an artist!!!

Thank you sharing these beauty´s :)

And thank you for joining LLC´s November challenge!

Hugs,
Karita

Sandra Mathis said...

Katie, you're an amazing crafter. Not only do you crete beautiful cards and know how to make gorgeous things with papers, but your also very talented when it comes to working with fabrics, and lace & trims. Thanks again for guest designing for LLC and also for entering this beautiful project into our Nov challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy