My Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Birthday Card- Ribbon Girls Magnolia Only DT Card

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Today is the last Sunday of the month and
time for a brand new Magnolia Only Challenge over at
The theme is an easy one ~ Anything Goes.

For my DT creation, I made a birthday card 
using New Year Edwin from the Christmas Story Collection.
I love this image and planned to use it for birthdays and 
other celebrations when I bought it.


I water colored Edwin with DI ink pads. 
I much prefer coloring with DI ink pads than re-inkers as
I find I have better control of the color intensity using the ink pads.


I used CLP February's Sketch for my layout and
Go Kreate Large Frilly #10 die to cut the card base.
Other dies I used are Memory Box and Spellbinders.
The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from LOTV.
The DP is from Pion Design's For Father Collection.



I also used the following embellishments from the 

20mm Cream Cotton Fan Pattern Lace, 38mm Ivory Guipure Lace,
8mm Cream Vintage Style Fine Scallop Lace,
3mm Aqua Sparkle Bead String, Natural Button Twine,
Cream and Blue Seam Binding Ribbons,
White Sweetheart Blossom


Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you will
join in the challenge at The Ribbon Girl
and win great prizes.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

19 comments:

cebelica said...

I hope that one day I wil learn to colour with DI pads like you. You did a brilliant job coloring this little guy. I can see why you like this image so much - it really is very versatile and can be used for so many occassions! Your card is amazing.
Hugs! xx

Teresa said...

Fantastic card Katie, always a pleasure to see your work. xx

Cordine said...

Gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Sue - bearhouse said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and the colours and details are so beautiful.
I hope you have a good Sunday
hugs Sue

Brigitte said...

WOW!!! Your card is AMAZING!!!! Love how you coloured Edwin and the little circles you added are perfect!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

sassy said...

what a adorable and very cute card this is..love it ...beautiful work hun hugs sassyxxxxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous love to see Edwin gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes the Boys challenge good luck
Ginny ♥

Kat said...

Great card Katie. Love that cute Edwin, certainly looks like a useful image for lots of occasions. Great colouring. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Janiel/ janny said...

BEAUTIFUL FUN card!!! I love how you have used New Years Edwin for a B-day card!! Creative!!
Thank you for joining us at the Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps
Challenge Blog for the Birthday Challenge.
hugs.......

stitch-and-greet said...

Another stunning piece of artwork! Always a pleasure to visit your blog!!
Renata x

Ribbon Girl said...

Really lovely card Kate - fantastic colouring and beautifully embellished. I like the little circles too!

sara said...

gorgeous card thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
hugs sara x x x

brenda said...

Another lovely card Katie, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

Paper Tails said...

Your card is fabulous! It is so festive and love those colors. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.

Karen

Craftdee said...

OMW,what a gorgeous creation. Love everything about it! Fabulous card for the Lost of Layers challenge at Here Come The Boys
Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

Shannon White said...

Just Adorable!! Love the Sweet image and the fun die cut corner detail too! So glad you could join us at 7Kids College Fund! 8-)

May said...

Gorgeous card Katie, Love the whole design & your colouring is Fabulous.. Hugs May x x x

Mandz said...

Really great card, Thanks for joining us at Here come the Boys Mandz xox

Woo said...

Stunning and our sweet Edwin!! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Here Come The Boys, Good Luck with the Challenge Woo xx