My Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love is in the air - Marvelous Magnolia DT creation

Hello Everyone!

Valentine's Day is just around the corner,
trust you all have something special for your love one.

Today we have a new challenge at Marvelous Magnolia,
we would like to see your creations with HEARTS.

I made an altered project using a heart shape wooden box.
I also made a heart shape tag to go with it.
I will put a few chocolates in the box and give them to my hubby
on Valentine's Day. I hope he likes it.


I stamped the image (Valentino from Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love Collection)
on TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) with Momento ink, and 
colored the image with Copic markers.


I then ironed the image onto cotton fabric.
I sewed some fine vintage cluny lace to frame the image,
and added few Guipure lace flower cutouts.

The following laces are all available at The Ribbon Girl Shop.
8mm Cream vinatage style fine scallop lace, 
18mm Cream fine vintage style Cluny lace, 
19mm Cream flower Guipure lace


Before I adhered the image panel to the lid,
I sewed a piece of batting material under the fabric to 
add some cushion and dimension.
I glued a piece of Guipure lace to conceal the fabric edges
around the rim of the lid.

I decorated the rest of the wooden box with designer paper.
The DP is Something Old from Magnolia. 
I used the same DP and cut out a heart tag and decorated it with 
ribbons, pearl string, lace, key charms, and a sentiment.


Hope you enjoy this visit. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I would love it if you hop over to Marvelous Magnolia 
to check out my teammates' creations and 
join in the fun and share your creations with us.


Our sponsor this week is Tilda's Town.

Hugs,
Katie

I would like to enter this creation in the following challenges:



17 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, this is stunning!!!!! I'm sure your husband will be delighted. Hugs, Brigitte

Rebekah said...

Gosh this is just stunning I love it all hugs rebekah xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This really is stunning Katie. I adore your sewing creations. I love the cute image, your colouring is wonderful and the lace and pearls are gorgeous.
Hugs Sue

Carla Burger said...

Oh I really love you box, it's so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges this week and good luck. Hugs Carla.

Rene said...

Wow wow wow! This is amazing! Thank you SO much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge!
Rene ;D

Camilla said...

Ohh so sweet! I love your heart box!! So gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs, Camilla

May said...

O my word, This is Stunning work...Gorgeous Gift box full of wonderful detail.. your colouring is amazing.. Love how you have decorated the heart tag... Your hubby will treasure this I'm sure!! Hugs May x x x

cebelica said...

This is very, very beautiful. I'm sure your husband will love it! Hugs1 xx

Charlotte said...

Hi, I love this little box with all the beautiful details:)
Hugs charlotte

Cordine said...

Stunning!,
Hugs
Cordine

Christina C. said...

Lucky man!!!!!!!!!! A truly exquisite gift!!!!

Joan Macdonald said...

These are fabulous.

Joan x

Chris x said...

Hi Katie
Just one word "FABULOUS"!
lOVE THE LACE AND YOUR DESIGN.
Hugs
Chris xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous box and tag Katie! Maryx

Yulis Kartika said...

Katie ... I am happy to be here and doing my journey on your blog it's so precious.. and will be follow you right now so I can enjoy your beautiful pieces ;)

Yulis
http://yuliswithmagnolia.blogspot.com/

Suzi said...

Fabulous Valentine creation Katie, such a cute Edwin and pretty lace. Loving that tag too. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugs
Suzi

Teresa said...

Absolutely adorable Katie, I love all the pretty lace you've used and gorgeously coloured Tilda. I'm sure your hubby will love it, thanks for sharing with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Teresa xx