My Followers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Imagine- Ribbon Girl DT Card

Good morning peeps!

It's first Sunday of the month, we have a new card challenge for you 
at The Ribbon Girl Blog. The theme is Add Flowers.

For my DT card, I used this new stamp from Crafts and Me
The image is called "Winter Rose" by Zindy Nielsen.


I water colored the image with TH Black Soot Distress Ink Pad.
I added a rub-on sentiment " imagine" on the image panel.


DPs used are Pion Designs Alma's Sewing Room.
Dies used are Memory Box and Go Kreate Large #7.
I used the Go-Kreate die as a template and drew a larger frame
as I wanted to used the 6x6 DP as the background.



I framed the image with 2 Memory Box wreath die cuts, and
added strips of DPs and laces below the image.

I distressed all paper edges and decorated the card with flowers, tiny metal clip,
tiny safety pin, a Melissa Francis resin key hole, and a tiny key charm.

I pulled out the fiber strings from a piece of Jute Mesh, and used them to
weave a small wreath. I tugged this little wreath under the beaded berries.



I have used the following gorgeous items, all available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
8mm "Rebecca" Ivory Vintage Style Fine Scallop Lace;
17mm "Cordelia" Ivory Vintage Style Fine Cluny Lace;
50mm Ivory Jute Mesh; 20mm 'Angelica' Ivory Tulle Lace;
Pale Pink Lily Flower WOC; Ivory/Cream Beaded Berries K&G;
White Stamens WOC; Tiny Key Charm.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Don't forget to check out other beautiful DT creations at the Ribbon Girl Blog
and join in the challenge and win great prizes.

The Ribbon Girl Blog

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

13 comments:

cebelica said...

Everytime I come to your blog I'm greeted with some eye candy. This card is amazing! You totally rocked this image and the dies you used. Fab use of other embellishments too. Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs! xx

Alexandra said...

Dear Katie, I liked this card a lot!
Great job on coloring!

vicki said...

Hi Katie wow beautiful card and your watercolours on the image are amazing! I adore the flowers too :)

Have a lovely day

Vic

Christina C. said...

WOW.....this leaves me speechless!
A spectacular work of art, Katie!

May said...

Breathtaking beauty... Katie this is amazing, I love your work.. you are so talented, I love my visits to your wonderful blog!!! Gorgeous work... Hugs May x x x

Tracey said...

So Beautiful....love the gorgeous image, fabulous details! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Tea Room!

Sandra Mathis said...

Beautiful, my favourite paper from Alma's Sewing Room. I bet you can't wait to come to England and pick up some more. Hehe. Thanks & Hugz, Sandy

Shirley-anne said...

Exquisite .Love the image the frames and the pin and charm ..oh goodness ..everything .
Thank you for sharing on Kraftyhands Challenge Blog .

otomys said...

A really stunning vintage card! Every element is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Fabulous Flourishes Challenge this week.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, what an exquisite card, so beautifully stamped and coloured, a really special card, love that image too. xx

Sandra said...

Such a pretty card! Love that stamp and the stunning shape of the card. So beautiful embellished! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Laura said...

What a fantastic card, love the image. Thanks for the description of how you made it. Thanks for playing along on the Kraftyhands Blog Challenge. XXXX
Laura Kraftyhands DT

Heather said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the black soot on your image...fabulous!!
Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!
Hugs!
Heather