My Followers

Monday, April 1, 2013

Life is Beautiful!

Hi Everyone!

Trust you all had a wonderful Easter weekend with your love ones.
We had a very peaceful weekend here in Vancouver,
the weather is just gorgeous, can't ask for more.

Couple of weeks ago, I purchased 3 new Crafts and Me stamps,
images of artist Zindy Nielsen's drawings.
When I first saw these images, I instantly fell in love with them.
I inked up and water colored all 3 images as soon as I received them.
I will share the cards with you in separate postings.


This card showcases the "Shh Now" stamp image.
I water colored the stamp image with TH Black Soot Distress Ink Pad.


I used the April sketch from CLP, and 
the color theme 'Pretty in Pink" from Crafts and Me's current challenge.



The DPs are Pion Designs and Memory Box.
Die used is Memory Box. Butterfly punch is Martha Steward.
Mini paper clip is from TH idea-ology.
The large mauve rose was made by me.


The following items are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
"Katherine" Ivory Scallop Fine Cluny Lace;
"Josephine" Cream Fine Double Scallop Lace;
Ivory Button Twine; K&G Ivory Beaded Rose;
WOC Pale Pink Lily Flower; WOC ivory Hip Rose Bud.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy this visit.
Have a great week!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:


20 comments:

Gitte said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for joining our challenge at StampARTic.
DT-Gitte.

May said...

Stunning work Katie, I adore this card the image is Gorgeous.. your colouring is fantastic....Full of wonderful embellishments! love it!! Hugs May x x x

Chris_P said...

Really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at StampARTic!

/Christina, DT

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Katie. Such a beautiful image, gorgeous papers and such lovely detailing.
I hope you have had a good Easter
Hugs Sue xx

Brigitte said...

WOW Katie!!! Your card is stunning!!!! Love the pearl spray and gorgeous image!!!! Your black and white colouring is sublime. To answer your question, the stamp is Happy Edwin and it was pretty easy to remove his hat as it was already off his head. Hugs, Brigitte

Chris said...

Fabulous! Love how you have coloured this beautiful image, and the design complements it perfectly.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampinb' this week.
Chris
x

Maria said...

This is beautiful! I love the stamped image, and you've water coloured it so beautifully.

Maria x

catherine said...

This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Sweet Stampin this week
x catherine

Crafteezee said...

Katie this is stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
Hugs Tracy x

Franz♥ said...

Hi Katie! I'm here again to tell you that this card is another Amazing one, totally love it!

Thanks for using a CLP sketch and for joining us again!

Hugs, Franz.

Kim Hook said...

This is lovely - I really like the whole composition, the colours complement the layout and focus picture beautifully.

cebelica said...

No wonder you fell in love with this stamp. It's gorgeous. And so is your card. Hugs! xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Katie, so pretty and feminine & the image is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, your card is gorgeous! The shading that you have done on the image is just wonderful and you have showcased it with such lovely soft embellishments. I love the contrast! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Lisa M said...

What a striking image and the way you've showcased it is phenomenal. Absolutely love the design and the elements are beautiful. A truly striking card you've designed here :)

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining our Oh So Girly challenge at Sweet Stampin'
with your beautiful card.

Pam x

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Katie,
I also love the Crafts & Me Stamps, but I prefer Hannah Lynn's images, this one's very pretty though, I've seen Tracy using it in the past. Beautiful take on the sketch and all in all a very beautiful card. The rose looks gorgeous; I'm too lazy to make my own embellishments, LOL. Thanks for joining us both @CLP and LLC this month! Hugz, Sandy

Colleen Holmes said...

Very pretty card and love your coloring with the greys. Very pretty stamp and designing:) Thank you for playing at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com. Hugz Colleen

Rosie said...

Absolutely stunning in every way! Thank you for joining in our "Things with Wings" challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/! Hugs, Rosie :)

Sanja Grdinić said...

Wow - I love it! Especially the monochrome part! :)