My Followers

Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring Into Fashion

Morning Everyone!

I would like to welcome my new followers and 
give everyone a big THANK-YOU for your lovely comments.
Your comments truly inspire me to create something better each time. 

Today, I have a funky spring card to share with you.
I love this British Bulldog from Crafty Individuals.
I thought I would make a spring card to showcase its beauty.


I water colored the image with TH Distress Ink Pads.
I dabbed spring colors on the scarf and added some sparkles.
My son suggested that I add some light blush on the cheeks 
and color her lips red to make her more lady like.
I think she looks rather fashionable and beautiful.


There is a pull-out tag attached to the ribbons.
I stamped the sentiments on DP using Justrite alphabets.
The post mark and script are Magnolia stamps.
The DPs are from Pion Design Fairytale of Spring collection.
Dies used are from Spellbinders, Memory Box and Tim Holtz.


The following embellishments are available from The Ribbon Girl Shop:
Wooden heart button, cream seam binding ribbon,
ivory and natural button twines, WOC pale pink lily flower
baby pink sweetheart blossom, and ivory gardenia.

Thanks so much for stopping by and wish you all a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

19 comments:

cebelica said...

I just got a water brush so I can practice coloring with distress inks. Wish me luck. lol You colored the image beautifully. Those flowers and the swirl behid the image are a nice touch too.
Hugs! xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool is it?! The image is fantastic. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Daniele said...

what a pretty card, love the soft colouring
hugs

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhh, Katie, this is absolutely the cutest tag ever....adore this darling image!!! You colored and showcased this cutie to perfection!
Love the stunning details that truly enhance this canine King!

Jingle said...

Way to dress up that pup! This is beautiful! And so playful and fun, too! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Fleur said...

Such a sweet card,
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Sally Dodger said...

This card is just so cute!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous Katie. I love the image, fabulous colouring and such beautiful detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Jean Hardy said...

Clever Katie - love the way you have combined everything so well - a very pretty project indeed for the CI April Challenge. Jean x

Gio said...

It's brilliant! You turned this funny dog in a shabby one!Amazing

Thanks for playing with us at CraftyIndividuals!

Christy Designs said...

Cute card with adorable image.
I love how you make this fashionable bulldog !
Perfect design as always !
Hugs,
Christy

Paper Profusion said...

FABULOUS card Katie - very clever take on the CI challenge. So glad your son gave you those pointers - fabulous finishing touches! Nicola x

May said...

Gorgeous project... Love that image & amazing papers..the design & detail are Beautiful... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous card Katie, love the feminine take on this image, and the great sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

otomys said...

A gorgeous shabby creation! Every element is beautiful Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow's Numbers and Letters Challenge.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Moz said...

I love this card! The soft colors and lovely shabby feel is just great! Not failing to mention this delightful 'madam' with the crown. A great card.
Thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

lizzidroege said...

Love this...your image is wonderful and the pastels are soo pretty...so happy to see you at sch this week...

Fliss said...

An absolutely gorgeous creation Katie. Who'd have thought a bulldog could look so sweet.
Thanks so much for joining in with our FSC sentimental challenge.
Fliss x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Katie, I love the softness of the pastels.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps & Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx