My Followers

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tilda's Sewing Kit

Good morning peeps!

It's the last Sunday of the month, we have a new Magnolia Only challenge
for you at The Ribbon Girl. The theme is ~ Add a die cut.

For my DT creation, I made a Tilda's sewing kit.


I bought these wooden boxes from Michaels for $1.50 each a few weeks ago.
They are such a great little boxes for alteration projects.
The cylindrical box measures 3"(W) x 4"(H), and has a nice closure.
It's perfect to turn this into a sewing kit with a pin cushion on top.



I took the wooden knob and elastic off and covered the box 
with pretty Pion Design paper- Alma's Sewing Room collection.

I cut 2 circles (3.5" and 3.75" in diameter) and cover them with DP
and lace before I glued them to the top and bottom of the box.


I added a piece of lace inside the door to hold extra pins.
The box is large enough to store quite a few things inside.

I made a little fabric pin cushion and glued it to the top of the box.
I decorated the pin cushion with laces and applique.



I used Tilda Makes A Blueberry Blanket image.
I stamped the image on TAP paper and colored it with Copics.
I then transferred the image by ironing it on to sticky backed Canvas
and added a clear plastic sheet to make it more sturdy.


I decorated the rest of the box with Pion Design paper cutouts,
Tilda's Birds images, wooden spool, flowers, and
die cuts (swirls, dragonflies, fence, buttons).

The following items are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
13mm Olivia white cluny lace; 8mm Rebecca ivory cluny lace;
pink, blue, white Pretty Blossom flowers; white Stamens;
10mm pale pink open rose.



Thanks for stopping by and hope you will hop over to
The Ribbon Girl Blog
The Ribbon Girl Blog to check out my team mates gorgeous creation. 
We would love you to join in the challenge and win great prizes!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this project in the following challenges:




18 comments:

Martinas Welt said...

Oh my God...how gorgeous is this!!!! What an absolute fantastic creation Katie!!! It looks amazing!!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!
Martina

May said...

WOW, This is Gorgeous... What a fabulous idea.. such a pretty sewing box..Your talent is amazing.. Love the image & all the wonderful detail.. Hugs May x x x

Marjolein said...

Beautiful project, great find too!
Love the details!
thanks for sharing and inspiring.
Bye from the Netherlands,

Marjolein

Brigitte said...

WOW, this is so clever!!!! love your little sewing kit, so special and beautiful! Hugs, Brigitte

Sue - bearhouse said...

My goodness Katie. This is so beautiful. I love design with that so sweet Tilda and all your detailing is just wonderful. Thank you for describing so clearly how this was created.
hugs Sue xx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week Tracy x

Paper Profusion said...

Katie this is so so adorable with such wonderful touches and elements. The box itself was a super find but you have transformed it into a real object of beauty. Have a great week. Nicola x

catherine said...

This is fabulous Katie and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Barbara GR said...

OMG... this sewing kit is amazing!!!
Colours and details are gorgeous... and Tilga ... is awesome!!!
Hugs
Barbara GR

Davinia said...

wow!! so darn cute!!!!! well done! I was just wondering what is tilda sitting on?xx

Cathy Lee said...

I absolutely love this, Katie. It is too adorable for words. Love the creative design and Tilda fits your theme perfectly. I would love to showcase this in my craftroom. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Christy Designs said...

WoOW..... This so amazing Katie !
You make this project so detail and beautiful !!
All is perfect !!! I Love it !!
Thanks for sharing

Hugs,
Christy

Penni said...

Great project, it's great to see something other than a card, and of course this Tilda is a perfect choice.
Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugs
Penni
X

Fleur said...

Wow, Katie this is amazing, What a lovely gift idea.
Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Jo Channon said...

This is such a beautiful project and so practical too. You have really worked hard to produce such a simply stunning piece of work. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Allsorts this week Jo x

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - as a sewer I couldn't resist popping in to check this out closer - LOVE IT!!!!! Now to convince Michaels to open a store here and stock these!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!
xXx

Lori said...

Omgosh, that is so adorable, it reminds me of a little secret room where the mice from Cinderella would play, love it, thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Paper Tails said...

Beautiful project! Nicely done. Thank you so much for entering the www.7kidscollegefund.com Challenge! The Design Team appreciates the time you invested in your project and that you have shared it with all our blog followers!

Karen