My Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Be Yourself

Hello everyone!
How is your week so far?

My week has been good, housework all done :^).
Today, I had a nice lunch visit with a friend and managed to finish a card.
I am a slow crafter, it usually takes me a few days to finish a card as
I usually do it in stages in between my chores and work.

I enjoy coloring Saturated Canary images lately.
I think they each has its own distinct character and attitude,
it's fun to bring out their personality.

I thought I would do a monochromatic card and color the hair pink.
The LO is from The Sketchy Challenges.


This image is called Honey.  I have colored her with DIs.
I added some shabby pink and shabby white frantage.


 

The DPs are Stampin'Up, Prima, and Basic Grey.
Dies are Spellbinders, Magnolia Doohickey, La La Land and Tim Holtz.
Sentiment is an old Stampin'up one and I hand wrote "be yourself".


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
 Baby pink sweetheart blossom, WOC pale pink trellis rose 35mm,
K&G beaded ivory/cream berries, ivory button twine,
seam binding ribbon, Rebecca vintage cluny lace.


Hope you like this card.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie

I would like to enter this card in the following fabulous challenges:

18 comments:

saygee said...

шикарная работа, всё так продумано, нежно и изящно!!!
получила наслождение от работы, спасибо!!!

Chris x said...

What a gorgeous colour comination.
The grey and pink really work.
Dispite your tutorial I HAVE HUGE PROBLEMS COLOURING hair!
love that image too.
Hugs
Chris xxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Katie. I love the image, amazing colouring and gorgeous detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Alexandra said...

Katie! This is absolutely lovely! The color combination, as previous comments state, is beautiful indeed!

Teresa said...

Oh my Katie, this is so beautiful, I love the touch of pinky glow in her hair, your colouring is amazing it really is, I just love the whole card.
Hugs Teresa

Alyce said...

katie this is just stunning!! i love all of the layering and beautiful colouring. thanks so much for playing at saturated canary this week too :D

cebelica said...

it's great you had a nice time with your friend. It's great to meet up every now and then for some "chit-chat", right?
You did a wonderful job with coloring this image. The hair looks fantastic! And so does the rest of coloring. And the design too. Fab, fab card! Hugs! xx

May said...

O my word Kate, This is Stunning...your colouring is AmAzing... Love the colouring of the hair..Beautiful work as always... Hugs May x x x

Kirsty-Anne Duckworth said...

Hi Wow I just adore your colouring with the touch of pin...such a cool idea..I just love the whole design loads..especially the little words ..Thank you for joining us in The Sketchy Challenges.

Distressed Miss said...

Oh Katie this is simply stunning. I love your soft colouring and attention to detail.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful image and fab details.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Caz said...

Gorgeous card Katie...Love the colouring...love everything about it. Thanks for joining our challenge on Saturated Canary.
Caz
x

Kat W said...

This is really stunning - just love the whole card and the shabby chic feel to it. Your colouring is perfect and the monochromatic colour scheme with touches of pink is soooo pretty.
Kat x

Laurel said...

So pretty and elegant!


Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Sanja Grdinić said...

I think You did an amazing job here! :) Love it!
Have a nice day!

Rosie said...

Absolutely amazing!! Thank you for joining in the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge! Hugs, Rosie

Marlies said...

Wauw, I love your card! Beautiful colours, design and embellies and I love your colouring!! Fab!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

Gunn (Merete) said...

Beautiful card, filled with great details.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.