My Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mermaid Tilda

Good morning everyone!

My gosh, it's the last Sunday of the month already?
To me time flies too quickly these days; there are so much
to enjoy in life, it's hard to find time to do it all.
I must say I still enjoy card making. It allows me to
express my creativity and connect with others likewise.

Enough babbling.
Today, we have a new challenge for you at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
This week is a Magnolia Only challenge~ Add sparkles.

For my DT creation, I made a card using Little Mermaid Tilda from the
Bon Voyage collection and sketch from CLP's current challenge.




The image was water colored with Distress Inks.
I added Viva Decor glitter gel here and there on the mermaid.


I Frantaged Shabby White and Shabby Blue around the image and DPs.
 I also added some rhinestones and sparkle bead string to give extra glamour.

I decorated the background with Magnolia Peacock Feather die cuts and
 chrysanth flowers; I think they resemble coral and sea anemones.

DP is Magnolia Blue Magic Bubbles from Prince and Princess collection.
Dies used are Magnolia DooHickey, Go Kreate, and Spellbinders.



The following items are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
K&G cream chrysanthemum, canterbury rose pink flower collection,
aqua sparkle bead string, Angelica ivory tulle lace,
ivory jute mesh ribbon, cream and blue seam binding ribbons.


I would love it if you can join us at The Ribbon Girl Blog
and see my teammates lovely creations.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs,
 Katie <3

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

17 comments:

cebelica said...

I know what you mean. Time's been flying sooooooo quickly! I can't believe May is almost over already. :-o Just one more months and the summer holidays will start. Can't wait! I will be pretty busy this summer, but in a good way so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

The card you made is wonderful. Reminds me of the sea and the hot summer days. I wouldn't mind if we got some more of those here! The white and blue around the image and the dps look great and really add a special something. Another gorgeous creation from your craft corner. :)

Hugs! xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Katie. I love the pretty Tilda, the colours and sparkle look amazing and your detailing is gorgeous too.
hugs Sue xx

Martinas Welt said...

Your little mermaid card is sooo pretty! Gorgeous creation and so beautiful clouring! And the Tag with the turtle is lovely ;)
Martina

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!! I LOVE your card!!!! The image is beautifully coloured and I love your tag! A perfect creation! Hugs, Brigitte

Ribbon Girl said...

Katie your mermaid Tilda card is gorgeous! I love her tail, and all of the details and flowers, the sparkly bits are so pretty! mary x

Paper Profusion said...

So so pretty Katie and you have captured brilliantly the oceanic environment. I love it! Nicola x

May said...

Stunning card Katie, your colouring is amazing... Love all the fabulous detail & the colours are Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

Yuri said...

Hi Katie, this is so beautiful! love the stunning colours and colouring. Wonderful design!
Thank you for your sweet comment and following me.
Yuri xx

Maris said...

great creation, thanks for joining in at YMAM

Sylvia said...

A lovely cute card Katie.I love the soft shades and the shape of your card.A great idea to use the die cut feather in the background.Thank you for joining in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
Sylvia

Astrid said...

WOW Katie, such a beautiful card, and thanks for joining in YMAM.
Hugs Astrid

Chris x said...

This is so precious!
Perfect for the sketch and beautifully coloured.

Chris xx

Teresa said...

This is such a fabulous card Katie, I always love coming here to see your fabulous creations, everyone different but perfectly made, love them all.
Hugs Teresa xx

Mary J said...

Oh Katie, that is so beautiful! You are so brilliant at detail and your colouring outstanding again!

Judy said...

Simply stunning!

xo

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Katie it is a Play of ARt,,,,,you color perfectly,,,,,I envy you.Thanks for your comments at May ' s blog .She wa working with my colorful Birds,, feel free to visit my store and choose your favorite product for free,,,, e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Katie,
Today's my lucky day, I get to visit your blog twice! :-) Stunning card, Tilda is gorgeous as a mermaid. I have the other stamp when she's holding the seahorse. Beautiful colouring and again a lovely card shape. Thanks for yet another fab contribution to CLP's May challenge. Hugz, Sandy