My Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ballerina Tilda

Hi Everyone!

The weather is lovely here in Vancouver this week. 
The temperature is finally warming up, summer is just around the corner.
One more week, the kids will be out of school.

Today, I have a 3D project to share with you- a mini jewelry box.
I wanted to use some of my "old" stuff in my stash,
Some of these items are actually brand new still, 
they have not been used since I bought them.


The image I used is Ballerina Tilda from the Fairy Tale Collection.
I water colored her with Distress Ink pads.
The glitters on her dress and tiara does not show very well.
If you click on the picture, you might see it better.


The trellis in the background is die cuts using 
Grand Gothic Stained Glass die from Memory Box.
When I bought it last year, I thought I could use it as a trellis.

I cut out 3 pieces, 2 white and 1 pink.
I then trimmed off the center portion of the pink die cut
and glued it between the 2 white pieces.

I frantaged the trellis front and the butterflies.
I added a little crystal bauble to the match box drawer.
Other dies I used are from Magnolia, Memory Box, Spellbinders and SU.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
18mm Lucy white cluny lace, 8mm Rebecca ivory cluny lace,
white organza rose ribbon, ivory pearl and crystal branch,
WOC white lily flower, ivory/lemon sparkle rose,
10mm pale pink open rose.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this creation in the following challenges:



26 comments:

Chris x said...

Qh katie, this is lovely!
Chris xxx

Cordine said...

gorgeous!

Alexandra said...

Katie! You just knocked me down with this one! So beautiful and delicate! So many elements to enjoy and to look at!
Wonderful design!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is truly stunning Katie. Such a lovely design with and adorable image and pretty detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Maris said...

lovely creation, but you can only enter once at YMAM

Jacqui P said...

Wow Terrific card! I love all your beautiful details! stunning!
Thank you so much for joining the fun this time over at Simply Magnolia!
Hugs
Jacqui P x

Daisychain said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy with such a lovely creation. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Sylvia said...

So pretty! Thank you for joining in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
Sylvia x

Christy Designs said...

Wow... your mini jewelry box so beautiful Katie ! Many detail to look at.... Love how you use the trellis die cut for background.
Hugs,
Christy

Chris said...

This is gorgeous, Katie! Such a pretty little box with it's beautiful Tilda, flowers and butterflies! Thanks for sharing it with us at Songbird Challenges!
Chris
x

Christina C. said...

OMG....such a spectacular creation, Katie!!!! A magnificent jewelry box...very creative!

Brigitte said...

WOW Katie!!! Your little secret box is wonderful!!! So delicate and feminine! Hugs, Brigitte

May said...

Stunning creation... it's so delicate, Love the colours & Beautiful Tilda coloured so beautifully...your attention to detail is amazing...Hugs May x x x

cebelica said...

Your creations always take my breath away. And this one is no different. Stunning! <3 Hugs! xx

Anne said...

Oh-oh-oh!!!! GORGEOUS!! I can just see Tilda pirouetting! It's like a musical box and it's just totally gorgeous, and your delicate shading is perfect! Thank you for sharing with Midweek Magnolias :o) x

Christine L said...

What a stunning creation... I love everything about it... the image and colouring are fabulous... and the design of the project is perfect!

Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time - good luck!

Christine x

Teresa said...

Oh Katie this is stunning, beautiful colouring too, you really are clever with all your wonderful ideas. Thank you for visiting my blog today. Teresa xx

Paper Panda said...

Stunning! And so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Kraftyhands.
Mandy x (KH DT)

Maria Rud said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Cindy said...

Wow Katie, absolutely beautiful!

Thank you so much for joining us over at Simply Magnolia!

Sue - bearhouse said...

Hello again Katie, it's such a pleasure to pop back for another look at your stunning creation so that I can say Thank you for taking part in the No Matter Which Challenge this month
hugs Sue xx

Eulanda said...

OH MY GOSH!! Ok a few things I'm excited about!! This project is GORGEOUS! I also love your coloring wow!! Great 3d creation so pretty!! Also, it's always exciting to be commenting on a fellow BC'er. When I saw you're from Vancouver I was so excited. LOL!! I'm just in Merritt 3hrs north!! Happy to have stopped by for sure! Thank you so much for joining our "Butterfly" challenge and hope to see you play again!
Hugs,
Eulanda
Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Designer

cabio's craft corner said...

Super sweet and beautiful 3D project. Love the sweet embellishment and texture design. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious & Wee Stamp Challenge and hope to see you again for the next challenges :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Dreamtime Designs said...

Hi Katie,
Wow this is sooo beautiful & so delicate. Absolutely gorgeous. Now you have given me an idea for my Daughters Xmas pressie :) She would love something like this. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Hugz, Lisa.

P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :)

Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

Paper Panda said...

Stunning project! Thanks for joining us at the Kraftyhands Challenge Blog.
Mandy x (KH DT)

JenniferD said...

Wow I love your Gorgeous Design! Great Embellishments! Thanks for joining us at NMWC