My Followers

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bat Girl Marci - New LLLC Halloween Release

Good morning everyone!

La La Land Crafts has a brand new Halloween release this week.
The Design Team has been busy creating many awesome projects to
showcase these fabulous stamps, dies, and chipboard set.



I have the honor to guest design and make 2 projects for this new release.

For my first LLLC Halloween creation, I made a top hat treat box/lantern
using Bat Girl Marci stamp image.



I came up with the idea of making a treat box/lantern when I was
coloring Bat Girl Marci who wears a little top hat.

I made the top hat from scratch. I will provide a tutorial in future post
with measurements for the box, so stay tuned :^).

The box has a opening with a magnetic closure at the top to put
treats or a battery operated tea light.


I used the negatives of the Halloween Frames and Shapes Set to trace
and then cut out the haunted house and bats on designer paper.
I adhered vellum paper to the back of cut out portion
 for the tea light to shine though.


Bat Girl Marci is colored with Distress Ink pads.

I decorated the top hat with the following new items, now available at LLLC Store:
Bat Girl Marci stamp, Pumpkin and Jack-o-Lantern Die Set,
Spiderweb Corner Die, Spiderweb Border Die,
and Halloween Frames and Shapes Set.


I will showcase my second 2013 LLLC Halloween creation tomorrow,
so make sure you drop by again or visit La la Land Crafts Blog
for more fabulous DT creations.

See you soon!

Hugs,
Katie

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:

9 comments:

Alexandra♥ said...

Katie, your ideas are always so special! This treat box looks great and the new LaLaLand collection in your implementation looks wonderful!

I'll stay tuned for the tutorial :)

Sue said...

WOW!!! This is amazing Katie. The design is fantastic. I love the cute image, beautiful colouring and such wonderful detailing. Such a great idea to make the spiders orange so they stand out so much better.
hugs Sue xx

May said...

WOW...Love what you have done with this fabulous cute image...the design is perfect... Love the new releases... Hugs May x x x

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!!! You are so creative and always manage to amaze me!!!!! What a great idea! I love how you executed it, so spooky and wonderful! Your image is bootiful coloured and I love the delicate spiderweb. Hugs, Brigitte

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I love the La La Land stamps. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.

Christy Designs said...

Wow.... what a Fabulous idea to make this top hat lantern! So spooky and all detail so perfect!
Hugs,
Christy

julie1 said...

what a fab project and great idea, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy and good luck ... Julie xxx

Marlies said...

A fantastic halloween creation!! A good idea and beautiful made! I love this. Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

*Vicki* said...

Love the fun Halloween theme and clever project details! Really gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing your creation in our Addicted to Stamps Challenge and we hope you’ll join us again for the next one! Hugs, *Vicki* - DT member