My Followers

Friday, September 13, 2013

Bright Birthday at La La Land Crafts

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's Inspiration Friday at La La Land Crafts.
This week's theme is Bright Birthday.

After month and a half guest designing at LLLC,
I finally got a hang of coloring Marci and am having fun doing it.
The images are larger than most stamp images, and have lots of details;
to me it's a great challenge to get the best coloring workout.

For my GDT card, I made a fan card using Kimono Marci with Fan
I have made a few fan cards last year, you can find my tutorial here.
It's not difficult to make, just requires some measurements.


I water colored the head and hand with Distress Ink pads.
I paper-pieced the kimono and fan with Origami paper from my stash.


I made a little pocket in the back of the card which holds a little tag.
I stamped a LOTV Happy Birthday sentiment on cardstock
and punch out with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.



Here is the inside of the fan.


Designer paper: Bo Bunny and Basic Grey
Dies: Spellbinders, Memory Box, and Magnolia DooHickey


Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you enjoy this visit.

Before you go, hop over to LLLC to see more fabulous DT creations.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

9 comments:

Christy Designs said...

Oh wow, this is just stunning. Love your fan, it's cute! Must try to make it and thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs,
Christy

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Katie. Such a fabulous fan design and decorated beautifully. I love the cute image and your colouring really is wonderful
hugs Sue xx

Paper Profusion said...

This is beautiful Katie - I really love the design. Nicola x

Brigitte said...

Oh WOW Katie!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!! I love how you turned a simple card into an amazing fan. Your creation are always so beautiful, you inspire me with each of them! Love how you paper pieced her dress and fan. Hugs, brigitte

cebelica said...

This fan has been on my "must try" list for a while now. I really have to give it a try soon! This one turned out beautifully. Love the papers and the tassel. Plus, I think the pocket was a great idea! Awesome work! Hugs! xx

Alexandra♥ said...

These fan card of your, Katie, are literally killing me with their beauty! :)

Ribbon Girl said...

that's another project I must try soon - you fan is gorgeous! Mary x

Lisa Carroll said...

What a stunning fan! So many gorgeous details. :) Thanks for joining us in the 'Emboss It!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, I love this fan card that you have created. All the detail that you have added to it are gorgeous! I also love the paper piecing of the kimono.
Hugs,
Suzan