My Followers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Game On Edwin - Happy Birthday Card

Happy Sunday Friends!

Wow, where did August go, it's September 1st already. 
We have had the most amazing summer here in Vancouver,
gorgeous weather everyday. Hopefully the good weather
will carry through in September for a little longer.

Today I have a card to share with you that I made for:
GDT card for ABC Challenge ~ U for Unlimited (Anything goes),
DT card for The Ribbon Girl ~ Use numbers.


This cute image is Magnolia's Game On Edwin.
When I first saw this image, I knew right away I can use it for
my son's birthday card. My son Eric loooves Nintendo Mario
and the initial "E" on Edwin's hat can also be for Eric :^)!


I water colored the image with Distress Ink pads and made some 
Nintendo game characters using die cuts and punches.
I added a few pieces of tiny Ric Rac ribbons here and there for interest.

DPs: Magnolia, Maja /design, Websters Pages.
Dies: Magnolia, Spellbinders, Memory Box, Go Kreate.
Punches: Fiskars, Stampin'Up.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
Cream, blue, and white tiny Ric Rac ribbon, blueberry blue Divine Baker's twine. 


Thanks so much for visiting, have a lovely week!

Before you go, you can visit The Ribbon Girl and ABC Challenge
for more inspirations from the designer teams.
We would love it if you can join in the challenges.

Hugs,
Katie

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

14 comments:

cebelica said...

I've been asking the same question myself - where did August go?! Time is just flying by when you are having a nice time, doesn't it?

I absolutely love this card you made for your son and I am sure he will love it too! You colored the image beautifully! I am trying to learn how to colour with distress inks, but I still need lots and lots of practice. I hope that once I will be as good as you - then I will be one happy bunny. lol

Hugs! xx

Alexandra♥ said...

This card looks so playful, Katie! You used wonderfully the hexagons for the background and I like those mushrooms ;)

Sue - bearhouse said...

Fabulous card Katie. I love the fun image coloured beautifully and wonderful detailing to go with it.
hugs Sue xx

Brigitte said...

Your card is amazing Katie!!!! Love how you coloured Mario... I mean Edwin, lol!!! The little clouds and mushrooms are perfect! Hugs, Brigitte

May said...

Gorgeous card Katie, there is so much wonderful colours... the image is beautiful as is the shape...Love it!! Hugs May x x x

Maris said...

allsome, well done ,thanks for joining in at YMAM

Marga50 said...

Wat een prachtige kaart,bedankt voor je deelname bij TFM. Groetjes Marga.

Heather said...

Such a fabulous fun card Katie - your design and colour are stunning - I love the hexagons. Your image is delightful - lovely colouring and fantastic elements!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Tamara said...

wow! Great coloring, beautiful die cuts and stunning design!
Thank you for taking part in the Tilda's Town challenge blog this week. Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs,
Tamara

Cinzia C. said...

What a coloyful and beautiful card Katie!!! Love all the papers and the amazing layout!

Hugs
Cinzia

Cinzia C. said...

Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week :)
Hugs
Cinzia

Delphine said...

Totally brilliant! I love how everything works to perfection together! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck;)! Hugs Delphine xx

Nicoletta said...

Fabulous card!! i love it! all the details , the image and the colors are beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge!
Hugs
Nicoletta

mae said...

Gorgeous card, Katie. Thanks for joining us at Stamp and Create with Magnolia!
Hugs,
Mae