My Followers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

You Are One Of A Kind - Ribbon Girl DT card

Happy Sunday Everyone!

It's last Sunday of the month and The Ribbon Girl is hosting a new
Magnolia Only challenge.  The theme is One For The Boys.

For my DT card, I used Lucky Edwin from the Once Upon A Time Collection.
The LO is from CLP Sketch #62.


Since this card is for a boy/man, I decided not to use any flower.
But I still couldn't resist using some lace and ribbons.
It is hard but I think I managed to pull it off.


I have colored Edwin with TH Distress Ink pads.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
25mm Hermione ivory cluny lace, white Tiny Ric Rac ribbon,
black Jute mesh ribbon, 70mm natural Hessian ribbon,
black button twine, natural button twine,
white Gutterman top stitching thread,
cowboy boot charm, star charm,
Fairy Wishes tiny glass bottle.


Dies: Spellbinders, Tim Holtz
Punches: Stampin'Up, Fiskars
Designer Paper: Maja Design


 Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hope you join in the challenge at The Ribbon Girl.

The Ribbon Girl Blog

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

Alexandra♥ said...

You definitely managed to make a wonderful card for a boy/men, Katie, and I totally agree that it looks even better without flowers. The ticket and the glass bottle look especially lovely on it!

Sue said...

This is wonderful Katie. I love the image, fabulous colouring and all your detailing looks amazing. I especially like the cowboy boot charm and tiny glass bottle.
hugs Sue xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Nice card Katie - I find boy cards very difficult as I always want to add flowers and lace etc! mary x

Brigitte said...

You're probably one of the only person I know who can pull off lace on a masculine card!!!!!! It's absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I love the gears and multiple bows as well as your fantastic colouring. Hugs, Brigitte

Home sweet home said...

HI

WOW!!!
This boy card is fabulous,love the colours and the image is so fun and you have coloured so great:):)

Stunning work:):)

Merethe

Dr Sonia S V said...

That bottle looks so cute
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

May said...

Gorgeous card Katie, the image is coloured beautifully...The attention to detail is amazing...Love it!! Hugs May x x x

cebelica said...

He he, I see you have the same "problems" when it comes to boy cards. I always want to add some flowers, but I usually manage to resist the temptations. But not entirely, because something "girly" will probably find its way there anyway. *ooops*
I think that lace is a nice touch and that because of it the card doesn't look any less masculine. I think it's GREAT! Hugs! xx