My Followers

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tilda As Clown ~ Buttons and Bows at The Ribbon Girl

Happy Sunday Dear Bloggers!

Can't believe it's the last Sunday of April already.
It is also the Magnolia Only Challenge at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
The theme for this week is ~ Buttons and Bows.
Prizes for this challenge are a stamp from Magnolia Sweden and
a £10 voucher towards a spending spree at The Ribbon Girl.

I thought I should challenge myself to create something other then
my usual shabby style and use colors that I normally don't use.
So here are a couple of clown boot cards. 


I colored the Tilda As Clown image with Distress Ink pads.


I wanted to make a clown boot shaped card that goes with the image.
Failing to find a cut-file on the web, I decided to make my own template.

It took me a while to assemble the first boot.
Once I got it going, it took no time to make the second one.

The boot with 2 removable tags on top measures approximately
5.5" (W) x 5.5" (H).  The green boot is 1/4" shorter.


I ran out of top stitching thread so I did faux stitching this time.
It actually turned out better as it is less bulky for gluing. 
I also used the white gel pen to draw the eyelets.


DPs: MajaDesign Walking in the Forrest and Life in the Country Collection
Dies: Magnolia, Memory Box, and Stampin'Up

The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
Ivory, natural and dusky blue button twines, star wooden buttons,
light lemon yellow and blue sweetheart blossom flowers,
8mm Rebecca cluny lace, 18mm Teresa cluny lace,
1/8" sticky tape.


We would love it if you can join in the fun creating.
Visit The Ribbon Girl Blog for more DT inspirations and ideas.

The Ribbon Girl Blog

Thanks so much for visiting me today.  Have a lovely week!

Hugs,
Katie 

I wish to enter these cards in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Céline said...

so fun card Katie, love the idea and colors, fab coloring
hugs
céline

Sue said...

WOW! These look gorgeous Katie. The boot design you have created is amazing. I love the papers you have used, beautiful detailing and the faux stitching looks fabulous.
hugs Sue xx

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!! These are FABULOUS!!!! I LOVE your boot shape, how very clever of you!!!! The faux stitching is awesome and your colouring is gorgeous as usual!!!! Bravo for a perfect and original cards! Hugs, Brigitte

PaperDaisies said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

May said...

WOW...These are Fabulous... I love your boots how clever...the Tilda is adorable... your colouring is amazing.. I love the papers & fantastic colours...the laces are brilliant... Beautiful work Katie, Hugs May x x

brenda said...

What a super creation Katie and great use of your Dies and Punches, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x (My Grand Calibur candy is still running here )

Neline said...

wowww...what a beautiful creation!!
Thanks for joining us at TFMC.
Good luck,
greets,
Neline

Jane said...

Absolutely stunning, love love love. Jane x

Eret said...

These boots are so awesome, Katie. Love the shape and fantastic design. Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic cards with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again in our new challenge.
Eret x

Alexandra♥ said...

Self-challenges are always great! These boot-cards are absolutely fun and the idea is awesome. The images does go perfectly with the shape. I love how you embellished the shoe and how you placed the lace between its layers. Stunning and clean work Katie, just as always!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Dian Ratna Sari said...

WOW! WOW! It's stunning.
Love love love this card. Love the shape, love your coloring, and love the details on it.
Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia Challenge and sorry for the delay contribution from me.
See you on the current challenge from us "Newest or Favorite Tilda"

Hugs,
Dian Ratna.

Gunn-Eirill said...

http://stampartic.blogspot.no/2014/05/walk-of-fame-april.html

:-)

cebelica said...

You always come up with something unique. Way to go for thinking outside the box. These boots are SPECTACULAR!
Hugs! xx