My Followers

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Tilda with Love Cake ~ Birthday Card at The Ribbon Girl

Morning crafters and happy Sunday!

I have a DT card to share with you. I made it for
the May Magnolia Only Challenge at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
The theme this week is ~ Birthday.


It has been ages since I made a criss-cross card.
I used Tim Holtz Sizzix On-The-Edge Doily die to cut the
base of this criss-cross card. I added a cake shaped
pull-out tag for writing greeting messages.


The image is Tilda With Love Cake.
I colored it with DI pads. I added some glitters on Tilda
and embossed around the image with Shabby White Frantage.

I made a little clay frame for the sentiment using
Martha Stewart silicon clay mold.


Designer Paper: Magnolia Strawberry Plaid 
Dies: Tim Holtz, Magnolia, Memory Box

The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
WOC white sweetheart blossoms, Darjeeling pink mini blossom,
Maya Road ivory pearl trinket pin, 13mm Olivia white cluny lace,
15mm Elizabeth white cluny lace, 32mm Valerie white cluny lace,
25mm organza pink/silver sparkle stripe ribbon.

I really like the new organza pink/silver sparkle stripe ribbon
from The Ribbon Girl Shop; it has a lovely sheen
with flexible silver sequins stripe in the middle.


You can see more DT creations at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
We would love it if you can join in the fun and win great prizes .

The Ribbon Girl Blog

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Katie 

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

11 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

lovely criss cross card and your tag is gorgeous! great idea, Mary x

Christy Designs said...

Hi Katie! Lovely criss cross card you've made. Cute cake shape tag.
Beautifully coloring as always.
Hugs,
Christy

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Katie. I love the pretty design with the wonderful pull out cake shaped tag. The image is so sweet, your colouring is beautiful and all the lacy detailing looks fabulous.
hugs sue xx

Céline said...

so so pretty, love the designa nd idea
hugs
céline

Cathy Lee said...

Such a cute Tilda. Lovely design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugz,
Cath

Chris said...

Sweet and pretty! A lovely design. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Alexandra♥ said...

This card is breathtaking, Katie! It's made just in your unique style full of delicateness and charm. And that pie-tag is a real cherry on top! Very beautiful!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Judy Corner said...

Katie this is fabulous! Love it, and I am so inspired by using that die in this way. I am here with my DT hat on this time so thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, your card is so gorgeous! I love how you used the TH On the Edge Doily Die to make the Criss Cross card! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

mixamatoasties said...

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at www.7kidscollegefund.com! That cake is so sweet! And I just love how you used the doily die!!