My Followers

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 May

Hello Bloggers!

It seems I have less and less time to craft or visit your blogs these days.
I am simply exhausted working full-time with shift changes.

This week I was able to sketch my idea and design during my break time as
I would really like to participate in Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014 May challenge.

One of my goals this year is to try different styles and techniques.
Not that I don't like my usual shabby style but I want to broaden my horizon
and skills, and learn to use different coloring media and techniques. 

Here's my take of the Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014 May challenge.
This tag card measures 5"(W) x 7.5'(H). It has 2 pull-out tags for messages.
I made this card for a co-worker who is leaving the company.


DSC09557

I have used the techniques described in Tim's blog, here.
I don't have any Manila tag so I made my own tags using designer paper.
I dipped the tags and ribbons in DI stains and spritz water to get
the distressed look. I love this technique, it's just AWESOME!
  

Next, since I don't have any Shadow Press word embossing folder,
I inked the raised side of the folder image and ran the paper and folder through
my Big Shot machine. The inked images were debossed onto the paper.



I assembled the collage pieces and decorated them with
TH Ideaology and other embellishments from my stash.

Designer Paper: Maja Design Vintage Summer Collection
Dies: Tim Holtz

Brown button twine, cream and blue seam binding ribbons,
small key charm, and ivory measure tape ribbon are  
available at The Ribbon Girl Shop.


I had fun creating this card.
I like the way it turns out and love the collage style.

Thanks so much for stopping by and wish you a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
Katie 

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Katie.
The way you have given everything the distressed look is so effective. Your detailing it amazing, I especially love he debossed inked images and great choice of wording.
hugs Sue xx

May said...

WOW...Love this creation Katie, Full of wonderful layers & techniques...The design & elements are just perfect...WOW, WOW, WOW...Hugs May x x

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!! Your tag is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! I love all the little details and specially how you debossed the images. Bravo!!!! Bises, Brigitte

Alexandra♥ said...

Hello Katie! Sorry to hear that you have less and less time for crafting, hopefully work will get less "wearing-out". Your experiments with different techniques are simply awesome, each of your makes is another success. Love this collage and the tags you designed.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Alexandra

Sandra said...

What a gorgeous take on Tim's tag! Love it! The die cut edges are so beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

brenda said...

What a lovely piece of artwork Katie with so much interest and texture, thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Buttons said...

Oh I do love your version! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie too. Jenny x

cebelica said...

Very masculine but equally beautiful. Amazing creation! Hugs! xx

Tincan Crafter said...

Perfect farewell card for someone starting new adventures. Very elegant too - loved the colour-scheme! Congratulations on your win.

Karen Garrard said...

Wonderful piece Katie! CONGRATULATIONS on your win!! We'll deserved. Karen.x

Chris Warner said...

A fabulous variation, congrats on your win! >:o) Chris xxx

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Beautiful! Congrats on your win at Tim's Tags!
Hugs,
Cathy

Shari Trumbull said...

Congratulations on your winning card in Tim's May Tag challenge. Such a special card for your departing co-worker made even more special with being a winning selection! Very lovely card--well worth the win! Congrats, again!