My Followers

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Explore your imagination

Hello everyone, welcome to my blog!

I managed to get a tag made in time for the Tim Holtz 

Here's my interpretation of Tim's challenge.


DSC00308 3.37.51 PM

I have followed Tim's instruction (here) and created my monoprinting 
background using the Eyechart stencil.

I incorporated the TH Eye Stamper image and stenciled some 
embossing paste in the corners for added texture and interest.
Few TH remnant rubs were adhered here and there to
further expand my interpretation.

Butterfly and moth stamp images from the TH Papillon stamps
were watercolored with Distress Inks and cut out for embellishments.
Other embellishments include metal gears from my stash
and a piece of TH Chevron Frameworks die cut.

Lastly, I distressed the seam binding ribbon for the final touch.


I had fun making this tag and enjoyed playing with the inks
and water, and see the colors come to life.
At the end, it is worthwhile to get my fingers all inky :^).

Hope you like my interpretation of Tim's June tag and
thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie 

I wish to enter this tag in the following challenges:

11 comments:

cebelica said...

Hi Katie! I'm sorry for not being around much, but I only just recently got some more free time.
Your tag is very, very beautiful! I like the soft and elegant look.
I keep saying that I will participate in Tim's tags challenges, but haven't gotten around to do it yet. *sigh* One day, one day ...
Hugs! xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Katie. I love the colours and wonderful detailing. The way you have inked up the seam binding looks so effective. Yes, definitely worth getting your hands dirty for!
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Alexandra♥ said...

Even if I have to wait for a long time now to see a new card (or tag) on your blog Katie, it's always worth it! Perfect and very extraordinary!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Dan said...

Great tag, I love the subtle bursts of colour scattered across it. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful creative design on this lovely tag!

Candy C said...

Katie...your tag is amazing! I really love your design. It really looks like a very art deco face that you've done on this....intentional or not, it's awesome! I love how you've matted the tag and then mounted it on yet another tag behind. Those thin black lines framing your art look fantastic! Love our butterflies, the chevron design across the bottom and the little bits of harlequin mixed among the stenciled and stamped images. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Anita Houston said...

GORGEOUS tag! Excellent June tag take as well! Love the face and background and watercolored butterflies! Great design! Thanks so much for joining us on this painty challenge here at CC3Challenge!!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Gorgeous work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Anguree said...

Love your work

Brigitte said...

WOW Katie!!!! LOVE your tag, specially the seam binding!!! The coloures are fantastic and all the details works so well together. Bises, Brigitte

Annette Green said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the softness of it all. The watercoloring is perfect. So glad you're playing along in the CC3 Challenge.