My Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bikini and Burgers ~ Anything but Square at The Ribbon Girl

Morning bloggers!
Time sure flies, we are into August already.
Hope you are enjoying your summer wherever you are.

It is the 1st Sunday of the month, we have a new card challenge
for you at The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog.
The theme is ~ Anything but a square!

For my DT creation, I made a shaped card using a digi stamp
called Bikini and Burgers from Saturated Canary.


The image was colored with black Prismacolor color pencil only.
I did a few Saturated Canary images in black and white
while I was on vacation. I quite like the sketch look.
Maybe, I will continue this trend for my SC collections.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
Blueberry Blue and Cherry Red Divine Baker's twines,
38mm vintage blue fluted sheer ribbon, 10mm red/cream check ribbon,
WOC 40mm white daisy flower, wooden star button.
(I covered the star button with Ranger's Ruby Slipper stickles)

Dies : Go Kreate, Magnolia, La La Land Crafts, Marianne
DP: 6x6 Maja Design Life By The Sea collection
Sentiments: Stampin'Up


Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you enjoy this visit.
You can see all the beautiful DT inspirations here.
We would love it if can join in the fun creating.

Until next time, hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

7 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Katie. The way you have coloured the image is amazing and works so well with the wonderful papers. I love all your beautiful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Brigitte said...

WOW Katie!!!! It's amazing!!!! LOVE your sketchy colouring, it goes perfectly with the red and blue pattern. Bravo! Bises, Brigitte

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Katie :-) the image is lovely and I love your colouring too,, the shape and whole design is fabulous :-)

you have linked this to the childrens challenge by mistake :-) Can you please pop back and enter this into the weekly challenge linky :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Alexandra♥ said...

I love your cards with black and white images Katie! They have a very special and beautiful look. This one is unique too!!

Hugs,
Alexandra

cheiron said...

Adorable! Love how you kept the image black and white. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

cebelica said...

I never seem to know how to work with blue, white and red together. But you made it work and the result is this amazing card. Awesome! Hugs! xx

HenP Produkties said...

I love this card in the colors of America and Holland hihihi
It's a beauty.
Thanks for joining our challenge at The Sketchy challenges.

Lots of hugs,
Hilde