My Followers

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Gamer Boy ~ Use Ribbon at The Ribbon Girl

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Hope you all have had a great weekend so far.

We have a new card challenge for you today at The Ribbon Girl.
The theme is a very easy one ~ Use ribbon.

I made a birthday card for my son who  turned 16 earlier this week.
He loves Pokemon games and Pikachu is his favorite character.

The image I used is Gamer from Saturated Canary.
Krista had given me the approval to replace the swords 
with a Pikachu image in the poster.


Gamer

I've colored the gamer boy with black and grey Prismacolor pencils.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
Ivory Jute mesh ribbon, 15mm black/cream rustic gingham ribbon,
blue and black tiny Ric Rac ribbon, aqua Dewdrops,
3mm blue s/a flat back pearls, 6mm sticky tape.

Designer papers are some old Basic Grey paper from my stash.
Dies used are from Go Kreate, La La Land Crafts, and Sizzix.
Sentiments and punches are from Stampin'Up.


I hope my card has inspired you to create a card with ribbons.
We would love to have you share your project with us at The Ribbon Girl.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful week and happy crafting!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

Yolanda Rodriguez said...

This is awesome!!! I saw your card on the FB Saturated Canary page. It has inspired me! My son's birthday is next week and I was at a loss of what to make him. How on earth did I miss seeing this stamp of hers??????? I really like what you did with the poster and adding Pikachu.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Katie, your colouring of that cute image is stunning. I love the papers and wonderful detailing too.
Please don't worry about finding time for commenting at the moment, there is definitely no need to apologise.
Sending you and your mum big hugs,
Sue xx

Saskia Pullen said...

Wiw. Got no other words

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and fabulous card thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne x (DT)

Jac said...

Wonderful card, love how you kept the image monochrome and added your colours as the background, very effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

carol said...

wonderful creation, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Alexandra♥ said...

This is a perfect card for a 16-year old! Your coloring with back pencil Katie is stunning and just flawless! I wish your son a wonderful birthday and also congratulate you for being his mom. I'm sure you are proud of him just as he is proud of you.


Hugs,
Alexandra

Home sweet home said...

Fabulous card,love the image and all your details are fabulous:)

Wonderful work:D

Merethe