My Followers

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Best Wishes ~ Glitz and Dazzle at The Ribbon Girl

Happy Sunday Everyone! Hope you are all keeping well.

Today, we have a new Card challenge at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
The theme is ~ Glitz & Dazzle.
For my DT creation, I made a card for a friend whose birthday is today.
Happy Birthday Jean!!!


The image I used is called Midsummer's Night from LOTV.
I water colored it with Distress Ink pads. I dusted glitters on the fairy;
however, it is not showing very well in the photo.


Designer paper ~ Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour Collection
Dies & punches ~ Magnolia, Memory Box, Spellbinders,
Cottage Cutz, and SU


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
15mm Sarah white cluny lace, 25mm pale grey faux Hessian ribbon,
white and Danish blue seam binding ribbons, ivory button twine,
Darjeeling grey/blue blossom flower, cream tiny blossom flowers,
pale lemon pretty blossom flowers, 3mm sticky tape,
3mm white flatback s/a pearls, white top stitching thread.


You can see more gorgeous DT creation at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
Hope you can join in the fun creating and win great prizes.

Thanks so much for stopping by and wish you a lovely week!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

19 comments:

Lucy Woods said...

Beautiful! I love the colours! The hessian looks great and so do them cute little toadstools!
Lucy

Céline said...

beautiful tag and combo! fab design and so gorgeous embellies! another piece of art
hugs
céline

Christina C. said...

This is such a beautiful tag, Katie! I adore the sweet image, colored magnificently, and the fabulous papers and details. Outstanding!!!!

Sue said...

This is stunning Katie. Your colouring of the sweet image is wonderful. Some of my favourite papers and all your embellishments work so well together.
I am sure your friend is going to be thrilled to receive such a special card.
hugs Sue xx

Beth Brovold said...

AWE Katie...SO BEAUTIFUL!! Fabulous image...beautifully coloured...as always!!! I love the mushrooms...and all your lovely embellies!! Your friend will be very pleased!!!
Take care,
Beth

Ribbon Girl said...

what a pretty card for your friend Katie, she'll love it! hugs Mary x

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love this!

Christine Thomas said...

Wow this is beautiful.
Chris x

Little K Smith said...

This is sooooo beautiful! I love it!
Kelly.x

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous Katie! I love that image and your design is perfect. Have a terrific day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

NGCARDS said...

A fabulous creation hun :) I love the colour scheme! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

julieprice3 said...

So beautifully coloured, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

tilly's crafts said...

stunning creation, love the LOTV image. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

Lea Brawn said...

Wow fabulous tag. Gorgeous x

cebelica said...

Hi Katie! guess who found a way to your blog ... Finally! Yes, little old me. ;) I've been checking your creations from "behind the scenes" so I know what's been happening in your corner of Blogland, I just haven't been doing much commenting. *ooops*

But now I'm here to actually write a few words ...

Your creation is beautiful. I am just Jean loved it! I love the soft colours and those die cut stars. So pretty! I think they add a magical touch to the whole creation. Very beautiful!

Hugs! xx

Brigitte said...

It's so beautiful Katie!!!!! I love the yellow and blue combo, so pretty and feminine. Great image with fantastic colouring!!!! Love the jute under the image. Bises, Brigitte

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous! So dreamy and wistful and I love it!

Home sweet home said...

WOW!!

Gorgeous and so sweet,lovely image and colours,love this tag:)

Merethe

Erica said...

What a fabulous tag, Katie. I love the blue and yellow together and all the little stars!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge!

Good Luck

Hugs

Erica x