My Followers

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tilda Kitchen Towel Holder ~ Use Lace at The Ribbon Girl

Good Morning Everyone!
Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the weekend!
We've had a very mild winter here in Vancouver, the cherry blossom has already started.

I apologize that I have not visited your blog or Facebook posts lately
as I have been busy at work and at home.

So onto my post today, a DT creation for The Ribbon Girl's February
Magnolia Only Challenge. The theme this month is ~ Use Lace.
I have always loved the lace collections at The Ribbon Girl Shop;
the vintage style laces are my favorite and must have in my stash.

I made a couple of kitchen towel holders using Violet Tilda
from the 2013 Magnolia Sea Breeze Collection.
The towel holders are miniature aprons measuring 5"x9".
The 2 aprons are slightly different, can you tell at least 3 differences?


The image was stamped on TAP paper (Transfer Artist Paper) and
colored with Copics before transferred onto fabric by ironing.


One of my favorite items from The Ribbon Girl is the sticky tape.
I have collected a stash of the plastic cores and intended to use them
in my creations. Here is one of the ideas that you can recycle them.
 I have used the ring as the towel holder under the apron skirt.



The ring is detachable and the apron is machine washable.


Here is a picture of how I hung the towel in my kitchen drawer handle.


And this is the picture of the much improved version :^) !
You can hang the towel holder on oven handle too.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope my creation has inspired you
to create a towel holder for your home.

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this creation in the following challenges:

9 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

another great idea Katie! Gorgeous towel holders - Mary x

Alexandra♥ said...

Amazing is all I can say!!! One can see the creativity and the care with which these towel holders were created. They are perfect Katie, the slight difference are seen (I found 3 indeed) :) Your coloring with Copics is not less professional and beautiful that coloring with Distress. These will be a real treasure in every kitchen. Do you receive orders for these? :)

Hugs,
Alexandra

Céline said...

so fab idea/ project !!!
hugs
céline

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Katie. The design is fabulous, I love the sweet image, beautiful gingham and pretty lace.
hugs Sue xx

Laura said...

Saw this on FB but had to see how you did it and comment on how much I love this. I've never heard of that transfer technique. So cool! These are just darling!

hugs,
Laura C.

Beth Brovold said...

Holy Smokers Katie!!! These are simply ASTOUNDING!!! Your creative mind is absolutely in HIGH GEAR!!! Your Tildas are so perfectly done...as usual and well everything else is simply perfection as well!!! You have cherry blossoms blooming already...so jealous!! We still have snow and our temps are supposed to go FRIGID again...at least we're not living on the East Coast!!
Take care,
Beth

sandra Iverson said...

Hi Katie!
Your project is amazing! What a clever idea! It is so pretty! The coloring is stunning! Great job!
Hugs
Sandra

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

These are so beautiful and creative - I love them!
Rebecca.
x

Helene Siermans said...

Fantastic idea! Love how cute these aprons look.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
Nick