My Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Embrace Life

Morning Bloggers!
Hope you are enjoying this beautiful Sunday wherever you are.

I have a DT card to share with you today.
I mad it for The Ribbon Girls August Anything Goes With An Image Challenge.
We welcome any crafty project as long as you include an image.

I made a birdhouse shaped card. The cardbase is mounted on
Tim Holtz Trellis Framework Die diecuts.
I cut out 3 diecuts and glued them together to make a sturdier base.


The bird image is from the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set.
I inked it on watercolor paper and colored it with Distress Ink pads.
Sentiments are from Tim Holtz Ideaology Chitchat sticker pad.


Designer paper ~ Maja Design Walking in the Forest Collection
Dies ~ TH on the edge die, Magnolia, Memory Box

The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
 WOC blue pretty blossom, pastel apple blossom, pastel mixed pretty blossom, 
ivory silk flower with stamens, wooden heart button, 6mm sticky tape,
dusky blue and ivory button twines, 3mm flatback s/a white pearls,
17mm Lavinia ivory vintage lace, cream seam binding ribbon.


Thanks so much for stopping by and wish you a lovely week!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

wonderful idea Katie!! the little birdie looks right at home in there! gorgeous, Mary xx

Céline said...

another fab creation katie
hugs
céline

Beth Brovold said...

Oh my word Katie this is brilliant!! Your sweet little bird looks so real...what a fabulous card design! Hope that you are enjoying your weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Debbie said...

Great card and perfect for our "Anything but a Birthday" challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Debbie x

Redanne said...

These crazy birds always make me smile, I love what you have done with this one! Thanks so much for joining in our Things With Wings challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Shelly Hickox said...

I love your creative use of dies - adorable project!! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkied!

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Gorgeous creation-love how you have made this :)
Best wishes,Nessa xxx

Tracy said...

A really gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen N x

Karen said...

This is so beautiful. Birdhouse projects are always amongst my favorite to make and view, so I was especially happy to see this! The trims are gorgeous and I love the flowers and dragonfly. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Live & Love Crafts!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Alexandra♥ said...

Hello Katie! I have this set of the crazy birds stamps too and I cannot even tell you how I want and am scared to color them :) They are so cute, but I think I will mess them up with the Copics. Your card is adorable!!! No other shape but the "organic" birdhouse one could suite here better, and I just love how you embellished everything!


Hugs,
Alexandra

brenda said...

Very belatedly as only just back from holiday, but didn't want to miss thanking you for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x