My Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Challenge prize thief alert!

Hello crafty friends.

Just a short post to inform you that there are scammers out there
taking credits of your win and claiming your challenge winning prizes.

A couple of weeks ago, I won a $25 gift card from a challenge blog I love.
I contacted the store that hosted the challenge to claim my prize but did not hear back.
I resent the email in the following week and found out someone 
has already claimed the prize and used the gift card.

This person created a gmail acount with my fist name and blog name
and requested the store to issue an Amazon giftcard instead of a store gift card.
The store owner explained a store account is required to use the gift code.
This scammer then created a store account and used the gift card.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the $25 gift card I originally won.
What bothers me is someone has taken the credit of my work
and scammed the challenge blog and sponsor.

These thieves not only stealing prizes they don't deserve but 
the worst of all is they impersonate you and destroy your reputation in the craftland.

Thanks for listening and thanks for your support.

Hugs,
Katie 

4 comments:

Jay said...

Oh my goodness Katie, thats deplorable! Thank you for letting us all know. Kindest regards Jay

Beth Brovold said...

Katie that is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Who would even think of doing such a terrible thing...as Jay says...thanks for letting us know! Thinking of you!
Beth

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh that is so sad Katie..must have been a shock to the challenge site as well as yourself.

Paper Profusion said...

I'm really sorry Katie to learn of this - how despicable! Don't let it get you down and thank-you for making others aware. Nicola x