My Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ellie Girl Elephant

Hello Crafters, hope you day is bright and crafty!

I have a knitted creature to share with you today, a knitted elephant named Ellie.
I have made it last fall and donated to our annual 
Christmas bake sale at work as a raffle prize.


Ellie was made with Cascade 220 and Cascade 220 Sport weight yarn, 100% wool.
The pattern can be purchased at Little Cotton Rabbits, here.


The head, ears, body, arms, legs/shoes were knitted separately.
They are then stuffed with fiberfill and sewn together.

The sweater dress is detachable. I love the little chubby Mary-Jane shoes. 
The shoes are a little fiddly to make but they are just too darn cute.

My co-worker who won this creature is expecting a baby soon.
If she has a baby boy, I will make a matching elephant boy for her!


I enjoyed knitting Ellie.
I hope this post gives you some knitting inspiration.
Whatever you do, happy crafting!

Hugs,
Katie 

2 comments:

Céline said...

so cute !!!
hugs
céline

Paper Profusion said...

Oh my goodness - Ellie is darling! Perfect knitting too. Nicola x