My Followers

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Stitch 4You

Hello Everyone!

I am here to share a Sugar Nellie Challenge DT card.
Our theme is always Anything Goes as long as you use a
current or retired Sugar Nellie image.

I made a patchwork card using a folksy stamp by Leanne Ellis.
Sugar Nellie Funky Kits store carries a wide range of
Leanne Ellis stamps, you can find them here.


This stamp image is called "Stitch" by Leanne Ellis.


I stamped the image on 140lb Strathmore Mixed Media paper with
Staz-on Timber Brown ink. I then water colored her with Distress Ink pads.

I have been experimenting water coloring on mixed media paper lately.
Although they are not as absorbent as watercolor paper, I found
they are good for water coloring stamp images,
.
I like the Canson 98lb Mixed Media paper better as you can
easily print digi stamps and the paper is more durable
 than the lighter weight watercolor paper.


Designer paper ~ Maja Design Fika collection
Dies ~ Go Kreate, Magnolia and Marianne Design.
Twine, lace and measuring tape ribbon are from The Ribbon Girl.

I hope my creation inspires you to play with us at Sugar Nellie Challenge.
and visit Funky Kits for many adorable stamps.

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!

Hugs,
Katie

I am participating in the following challenges:


6 comments:

Susan Lankford said...

Love this card....the soft colors and darling image!

Virginia Lu said...

Beautiful design and details! Love the colors and creative use of elements! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Super work!

NGCARDS said...

A great creation hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a gorgeous card Katie! Love the theme (and 'sew' would my Mother-in-law!!) Utterly brilliant. Fab colour scheme too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

CornishKat said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love all the stitching detail and the cotton reel embellishment.
Hugs,
Katrina x

Marilyn said...

Great card! Love this image.